Been tired, but because I want to make one of those blog books at the end of this year, I must catch up. So be prepared for a SUUUUPPPPPPEEEEERRRR LLLOOONNNNGGGG POOOOSSSSSSTTT! You are forewarned!
May was super crazy. I know I have been saying that about each month, but really, May takes the cake. And speaking of cake, I turned 26 in May. Yippee! I am officially in my late 20s and it feels good!
I am loved by neighbors and family, so I got 2 delicious chocolate cakes. They were both so different and both so terrific! I wish I had some right now.
And I made some homemade strawberry ice cream. This is the only picture I have of myself on my birthday. It is taken by my 4 foot niece and boy does that angle always suck!
Since this year my birthday fell on Cinco de Mayo ;), we had a Southern Fiesta equipped with a sprinkler, slip-n-slide (with dish soap just to add to the fun) and bocce ball. (Yeah that's Italian, I think.) My kind of party!
That weekend we left for Chapel Hill, NC to tour UNC with Aunt Sara. Brooks and I love NC so we made sure to take the opportunity to go with her. The area is nice. The campus is beautiful. Brooks even said, "I would totally go here if they excepted me." We didn't take many pictures, but we did go to the University's garden and Jordyn made a little friend.
Sara was excepted to a few other top schools, so she still has some deciding to do. Our vote is UNC. Go Tar Heels!
We made it home just long enough to go to Atlanta's Childrens Museum,
buy a new chair for Jordyn's room,
and enjoy popsicles on a warm southern day,
before we headed back on another trip to NYC.
We visited cousin Ashley in Brooklyn, had some great Mexican food, (Who knew NY could do Mexican food?) and some yummy frozen yogurt.
We made it to the Bronx zoo. Notice the sleeping gorilla above the flash. Man I have some mad photography skills.
Brooks even finished working a little early so we spent some time in Central Park with him.
We played in boxes at Aunt Lexi's place. Man life is fun!
I love NYC in the spring. I have come to the conclusion that I really only love New York in fair weather. I am kind of a pansy like that.
By the time we were home from NYC, I was exhausted. The last week of May consisted of resting!! I fell asleep 6 times and we were in June.

7 comments:
Aw what a fun month! Looks like you did lots of fun things!
You are a youngin'! Happy Birthday.
Um, I'm thinking of call DFCS to report that you keep your daughter in a box. I didn't even see you give her any food or water, you just laughed at her. I'm dialing right now...
A few things:
1. NY is so much better in the Spring. You're not a pansy at all for thinking that -- you're a human!
2. Man, you and Brooks have a cute kid. This may sound mean, but I met a friend's niece recently, and she was just not the cutest kid on the planet. It made me feel a little sad for the kid, and oddly, proud that I was related to such a cute niece!
3. UNC, huh? Really? What about UT at Austin? Oh, boy. Decisions are hard.
Jax your birthday ALWAYS falls on Cinco de Mayo. Jordyn was cute in the video. NOT!!
U STILL TIRED??!
Jordyn just gets cuter by the day!
NICE weather is better where ever I'm traveling!!
Like ur dad said u r ALWAYS a Cinco de Mayo birthday!! Missed going to Chevy's w/ u this year!
Like Jordyn's new chair!
Thanx 4 the blog!!
Luv u guys!!
My birthday always lands on Cinco de Mayo? Oh, that's neat! Parents, you make me laugh. Guess I didn't get my quick wit from you...
Post a Comment