Friday, April 30, 2010

April 2010 in Review

Are you serious? April is already over? Here is what the month of April brought us:

- April 1st was our 5th anniversary. Yippee! We worked the whole day. Boo!
- April 2nd, however, we celebrated. We drove up to Asheville, NC and enjoyed some fun family time. (Posted)
- The 2nd week of April consisted of 2 leadership meetings for Primary.
- Also during the 2nd week, Brooks flew up to NYC to be on TV. Well, Brooks missed a pretty important call about 2 days before he headed up there. Moral of the story: Make sure you pick up the phone when the executive producer calls or else you will be moved to the back of the line with no face time. Poor Brooks. Maybe his 15 seconds will resurface again later in life.
- Talk about a month of babies! Two of my good friends had babies this month. Our friends the Mounts welcomed baby Macey on April 7th. And our friends the Andersons welcomed their baby boy Max on April 13th. Since we pretty much see them 5 times a week, this is life changing for us too :).
- For the month of April I read The Help. I really enjoyed it. It is different reading about the civil rights while living in the South. Before when I would read about segregation, I was so removed from it. But now I know a few families who lived right in the middle of it. It was pretty interesting.
- I signed Jordyn up for another summer of swim lessons. Yep people, I just dedicated myself to an hour drive for a half hour swim lesson. Our county doesn't offer toddler swim lessons, so to the next county I go. We start May 31st (although that is Memorial Day so I should see if they actually have swim that day.)
- I finally joined the Scentsy club this month. If you don't know what they are go here. My girlfriend (and backyard neighbor) sells them and I am in love. Lets just say that I don't have the best track record of blowing candles out when I leave the house, so Brooks and I are happy that these are flameless.
- Douglasville saw some economic growth this month. My favorite store Charming Charlie opened at our local mall and my not-so-favorite store Aldi opened right across the street from the mall. I have been to Charming Charlie about 8 times already and Aldi's for about 5 minutes. People are telling me that I really didn't give Aldi's a fair shot. I might try again in May, we shall see.
- Since Brooks was already out of town once this month, I decided to tag along with him during his second business trip. We drove up to Memphis for 2 nights. Little did we know (this seems to be my phrase for this post) we would be storm-chasers on our way home. Let's just say (another favorite phrase) going 25 mph on the interstate with your hazzards on is NOT fun!
- We all know that I am a museum mama and April would not prove differently. We went to 3, yes people 3, museums this month. We started with the Childrens Museum of Memphis. Then we checked out Fernbank Museum of Natural History. And last was Imagine it! Atlanta's Children Museum. I finally, FINALLY, got a membership to the children's museum. Now it won't cost me $20 a pop. Ridiculous! And I get to go to all the Children's Museums that are part of the ACM program (all 160 of them... oh the possibilities!)
- Lastly, I sent out our beach house deposit this month for our trip the end of this summer. OBX here we come!!

What a month!

4 comments:

katie said...

Wow, I didn't know you were so into museums. I should take my kids to some.

Also, we had Aldi in Chicago growing up. Totally generic, totally cheap, and I didn't mind it at all as a kid. Not sure how good it'd be as an adult.

J'net said...

Thanks for the update! U guys stay busy there in the south!!
Love how u and Camille use the museums, SO classy! n uptown n all!
Ur kids will grow up savvy!
HATE driving w/ hazard lights, just geared for excitement, stay safe!! MORE pictures!! Jake is better at that than u r SO get better!! LOVE ur blog n luv u 2!
MOM

Pa Pa Jim said...

Too much commentary & not enough pictures. Keep us updated with that pretty little girl Jordyn!! Pa Pa needs more pictures. I only have 209 pictures of her.

VirtualM said...

Aldi = cheap. Love cheap and not into couponing (like everyone else in the Atlanta ward), so I go to Aldi. It also doesn't hurt that it's the closest grocery-type store to Frankie's preschool.