(If you come to this blog to see pictures, move along. If you come to this blog to read about our super exciting life, enjoy.)
It is crazy for me to think March has come and gone. March is always the filler, super long month for me. The weather is crazy and there is nothing super exciting happening in March (no offense to my Irish friends).
Looking at my calendar, March ended up being really busy!
Here are some highlight of March:
- (Already Documented) My new semi-annual trip to see my mom will now always take place the first week of March. This way, when I get back, the month is well underway. So yes, the first week of March was spent visiting my family in California. I also got to see some of my best high school friends during my visit. The visit was too short, but still really fun!
- I am part of a produce co-op and this month was definitely zucchini month! I made 8 loaves of zucchini bread this month. Brooks and I ate probably 5 of the 8 loaves. Yes, I gained weight and yes, I still have the recipe if anyone wants it.
- We were able to assist in a few missionary discussions this month. We opened our home to a young guy named Anthony so he could finish his discussions. He was later baptized a week later (still in March). What a neat experience.
-Lowlight: Jordyn got her first stomach bug this month. And I was sick for about 3 days too. No fun for either of us!
- Between buying a bed and new tv the first 2 months of the year, we thought we would trump that and put an offer on a house this month. Between walking past the house on Tuesday night, learning that the house was back on the market and having it under contract by that Friday, I think I am officially an adult now. (No we still haven't heard anything from the bank yet. Short sales are not short by the way!)
-Our friends invited us to the local high school's production of "Joesph and the Technicolor Dream Coat". I was pleasantly surprised at the quality of the performance. It made me really feel old though!
- Since we didn't have the Winter Olympics to watch anymore, I decided to invite a few girlfriends over to watch some quality figure skating. I threw an Ice Cream and Ice Castles party. My sister-in-laws (and Brooks) grew up watching the original Ice Castles, so when the new one came out (straight to DVD nonetheless) I decided we should get together to watch it. Brooks described the night best when he said "You know the movie was bad when you guys didn't quit talking even when it was playing."
- As a Primary Presidency we seriously put on an awesome Easter Primary Activity. (Toot Toot!) We had the fun and spiritual aspects all covered. We set up an Easter Walk around the building. Each child visited the Last Supper, the Garden of Gethsemane, Calvary, the Empty Tomb and the Resurrection. We had members of our ward playing a different character in each room telling about the importance of the event. They were in costumes and the rooms looked amazing! Between that, decorating cookies, an Easter Egg Hunt and games, I have to say, it was a success!
- The city choir that I sing with had their Spring Concert. After many weeks of practicing, we preformed our concert of Broadway tunes. I really enjoy singing with them!

(Here's a sorta picture.)
- Jordyn got to attend 3 Easter Egg hunts. Two of the three landed in March, one at the primary activity and one during storytime. You know my love for storytime, and they still impress me every storytime. They had over 3,000 eggs for their egg hunt. Jordyn only picked up about 3 eggs because the second she picked up an egg, she wanted to get the candy out of it. I had to remind her to keep collecting eggs and we will eat the candy later.
Wow, looking at this post I realize why March went by to fast! Now onto April...
It is crazy for me to think March has come and gone. March is always the filler, super long month for me. The weather is crazy and there is nothing super exciting happening in March (no offense to my Irish friends).
Looking at my calendar, March ended up being really busy!
Here are some highlight of March:
- (Already Documented) My new semi-annual trip to see my mom will now always take place the first week of March. This way, when I get back, the month is well underway. So yes, the first week of March was spent visiting my family in California. I also got to see some of my best high school friends during my visit. The visit was too short, but still really fun!
- I am part of a produce co-op and this month was definitely zucchini month! I made 8 loaves of zucchini bread this month. Brooks and I ate probably 5 of the 8 loaves. Yes, I gained weight and yes, I still have the recipe if anyone wants it.
- We were able to assist in a few missionary discussions this month. We opened our home to a young guy named Anthony so he could finish his discussions. He was later baptized a week later (still in March). What a neat experience.
-Lowlight: Jordyn got her first stomach bug this month. And I was sick for about 3 days too. No fun for either of us!
- Between buying a bed and new tv the first 2 months of the year, we thought we would trump that and put an offer on a house this month. Between walking past the house on Tuesday night, learning that the house was back on the market and having it under contract by that Friday, I think I am officially an adult now. (No we still haven't heard anything from the bank yet. Short sales are not short by the way!)
-Our friends invited us to the local high school's production of "Joesph and the Technicolor Dream Coat". I was pleasantly surprised at the quality of the performance. It made me really feel old though!
- Since we didn't have the Winter Olympics to watch anymore, I decided to invite a few girlfriends over to watch some quality figure skating. I threw an Ice Cream and Ice Castles party. My sister-in-laws (and Brooks) grew up watching the original Ice Castles, so when the new one came out (straight to DVD nonetheless) I decided we should get together to watch it. Brooks described the night best when he said "You know the movie was bad when you guys didn't quit talking even when it was playing."
- As a Primary Presidency we seriously put on an awesome Easter Primary Activity. (Toot Toot!) We had the fun and spiritual aspects all covered. We set up an Easter Walk around the building. Each child visited the Last Supper, the Garden of Gethsemane, Calvary, the Empty Tomb and the Resurrection. We had members of our ward playing a different character in each room telling about the importance of the event. They were in costumes and the rooms looked amazing! Between that, decorating cookies, an Easter Egg Hunt and games, I have to say, it was a success!
- The city choir that I sing with had their Spring Concert. After many weeks of practicing, we preformed our concert of Broadway tunes. I really enjoy singing with them!

(Here's a sorta picture.)
- Jordyn got to attend 3 Easter Egg hunts. Two of the three landed in March, one at the primary activity and one during storytime. You know my love for storytime, and they still impress me every storytime. They had over 3,000 eggs for their egg hunt. Jordyn only picked up about 3 eggs because the second she picked up an egg, she wanted to get the candy out of it. I had to remind her to keep collecting eggs and we will eat the candy later.
Wow, looking at this post I realize why March went by to fast! Now onto April...

4 comments:
Good luck with the short sale! When we were looking at homes a year ago we offered on a few before the one we got. The short sale was taking too long so we kept looking and found something better.
You should've told me about your concert! I would've come!
Also, what about March Madness?!? It is now officially over. :(
Jax! I didn't know you were a member of the Douglas County Chamber Singers! That is SO AWESOME! I miss out on so many things living way up here! You know I would be front row and center if I lived in GA. I love that you are singing in a choir. Do you ever watch GLEE?? Don't even get me started on how much I love that show. Takes me right back to highschool...lol! Your next stop...Atlanta Symphony Orchestra Chorus! You would LOVE it! hint, hint. love ya!
Jax, I think it is the coolest thing that you are in this choir! I must come to the next performance!!!
Post a Comment