Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Hypocrisy? You be the Judge

I only wear designer jeans, but I buy them at consignment stores.

I make my own jams and jellies to stay away from HFCS, but I put ketchup on everything.

I won't buy soda, but I will drink it if someone else has it at their house.

I bring my own bags to the grocery store to cut back on waste, but I go through about 3 rolls of paper towels a week.

I don't drink alcohol, but I cook with it.

I won't watch rated-R movies, but I will watch Gossip Girl every Monday night.

I walk to work to save energy, but I crank my AC at home.

I won't let my children go on a senior trip, but I did.

I use organic cleaning materials like vinegar and essential oils to clean most of my house, but I bleach the heck out of my bathroom.




C'mon, I know that you can be hypocritical too some times!

12 comments:

Jake, Camille, Kennedy & Jacob said...

Wow, I learned some new things about you. You are kind of an earthy person! I would say you just know what you like and what you don't! There's nothing wrong with that!

Sara said...

I've never, ever been hypocritical. ;)

jenny said...

let's be honest. if you say you're not, you're lying.

jessica said...

I bring my own bags to the store too! I had the same paper towel issue. I can finally make one roll last about 10 days....

I am not letting my kids go on a senior trip either!!!

R.M. said...

I use a roll of paper towels every 2 days...but I feel I make up for it because NJ has MANDATORY recycling laws. We recycle every can, plastic bottle, newspaper (G gets the WSJ every day so we have a lot of it), and every piece of card board that comes through this house! Sometimes it takes G like over an hour to sort all the recycling. I also cook with white wine and I will most likly let my kids go on a senior trip (my mom let me go to NYC with a couple of friends and we had a blast)...no harm done! =)

Les said...

Jax you are so funny..you make me laugh...I miss ya!!!

J'net said...

Paper towels, those keep me functioning!
And SENIOR trip?!?! I SAID no, but you went
anyways!!! SO, told you SO!
BUT it was to Hawaii and we were moving there
4 days later, so I guess I would have been HYPer--CRITICAL!!!
And there are many things I think I would do differently, IF I had 'em to do over again, like
cook better food and keep my kids YOUNGER longer...
OH, well now I'm grma and I have ALL sorts of
great wisdom, SO who's asking???
HA, HA!

Pa Pa Jim said...

GUILT IS GOOD!!
It kept me screwed up for years!!

Brittiny said...

Just wait till you tell your kids they can't do it, then you turn around and do it and then they caught you and tell you you're not suppose to be doing that! Then you have to ask yourself "who's the hypocrite?" These are all part of life's little lesson's right!

Ashley.Preston.Tate said...

Designer jeans just fit better....so who cares where ya get them! You're not a hypocrite. You just do what you can when you can. I forget my cloth bags all to often but it doesn't mean I don't think that they aren't a terrific idea! I recycle all my paper and cardboard but go through a Costco size bag of paper plates every couple months!

Lisa said...

Jax, I love this post. Another one of those posts that show me how funny and HONEST you are!

Kelly said...

Jax you make me laugh!