Thursday, February 28, 2008

Pregnancy Weight Gain


This is pretty much the only time I can talk candidly about my weight and not feel bad about it. So if you are interested, keep reading. If not, come back later.

Anyway, I have gained 21lbs so far. I am 26 weeks. Here's my weight gain break down:

Week 6: 150lbs. (For scientific reasons, we will call this my starting weight.)

Week 8: +2lbs. 152lbs. (Nothing too dramatic. Probably just water weight.)

Week 12: +4lbs. 156lbs. (Ok starting to feel like I am pregnant.)

Week 15: -3lbs. 153lbs. (Crap, I am going the wrong way!)

Week 18: +3lbs. 156lbs. (Back on track.)

Week 21: +3lbs. 159lbs. (Starting so see a pattern here. Slow and steady wins the race.)

Week 26: +12lbs. 171lbs. (MAYDAY!! MAYDAY! Must lay off the ice cream!!!)

OB: "Well now that we know you can gain weight, you might want to watch what you eat."

Um... are you sure!?!?

12lbs in 5 weeks. WOWZAS!!!

14 comments:

Jessica said...

That ALWAYS happens. You have one weigh in where you just jump and it's a little ridiculous. Don't even worry about it! (I lost the weight really fast with #1 and 2...it's those last 2 that have been hard!)

J'net said...

I FINALLY get to see my daughter's prego tummy!!
You are SO cute and I WOULD guess this was a boy
with how ROUND your belly is?
You don't look like any weight is in your legs?
And those are cute designer jeans!
Now take a picture EVERY month and edit it to this blog, it will become SO amazing to you after you pop
this one out!
What's Jessica worried about? She looks GREAT!
Luv, MOM

Sara said...

Yeah, Jacki -- your legs are still small. Hm. It's interesting to see what you look like pregnant because since we have the same body type, it's probably the same way I'll look when I'm pregnant. . . . Big boobs and even bigger tummy. :( When are you and I ever going to get ghetto booties???

Leezy Lindsey said...

You look so cute Jacki! I've been waiting for you to post a picture of your belly! I love it!

R.M. said...

I love the baby bump! I think you look awesome!! 21 pounds is nothing! I gained 50 with Jake!

Ashley.Preston.Tate said...

I love the belly! I've been WAITING to see these pics. Can't wait to share them with Kristi!

Anonymous said...

I am a friend of Jessica Milkwicks, and was blog surfing. You look totally cute prego, I was too scared to take any pics....I have like one or two but that is it. Anyways, what are you having? I have a private blog but if you are interested in viewing just email me at caseys0325@hotmail.com and visit www.amygailsboutique.etsy.com, I have several baby items I make for all your needs.

Amy Casey

Jake, Camille, Kennedy & Jacob said...

Some people gain it early and others gain it later on. Either way we all gain the weight! So if you hear someone bragging about how they haven't put on weight yet and they only have 3 months to go, just wait because they will start to pig out on the swiss cake rolls. I promise! I swear I put on 12 lbs the last month just from swiss cake rolls! Now I don't even like them. Thanks goodness! You look great Jacki!!! Wahooo!!! And it looks like you are taking VERY good care of your baby!

Kelly said...

Jacki!! You look so cute! I love your belly!!!!

Russell said...

Hey! I love it that I'm not the only one!!! I have so much respect for you posting pics. I don't have the guts. You look great! I hope that you're feeling well too. :)

Trevor and Roxanne Foster said...

Jackie, you look adorable! You make me miss being pregnant. But I definitely don't miss the 42 pounds I gained!

VirtualM said...

Yeah....it'll probably come off of your body. You're lucky - you're tall so you can pull off anything. Unfortunately, 5'2" doesn't work so well with an extra 40 pounds, 15 of which are still hanging around over a year and a half later. You look great, don't worry about it!

Lisa said...

I think I beat everyone with weight gain - 70 lbs people so BACK OFF! But Jax, I lost it within about 6 months so don't fret. It doesn't matter what you do, your body will gain what it needs in order for that baby to be healthy! Also, BREASTFEED!!! That is the reason I lost it so quickly!

emmib said...

Yeah Jacki! You are so cute pg. Do you know what you are having yet? We are having a boy - I'm 21 weeks so we're neck in neck. Good luck!