Sunday, February 24, 2008

Making my Mother Proud

Yesterday was definitely an "I am turning into my mother" day.

Strike 1: During our YW Girls Camp fund raiser my young women were getting really tired and losing their steam. To motivate them I said, "Ok everyone pick up 25 things and then we can be done."

Strike 2: While heading home they all said "Sister Snow, we are starving!" I headed to the nearest Wendy's to get some food. "Ok everyone can get 2 things off the value menu."

and finally,

Strike 3: One of my young women was listening to her MP3 player all night. I took her earphones to listen to the song she was listening too. Trying to raise an interesting conversation (or to use an opportunity to get in one more chastity lesson) I asked, "Um, why does he want to get a room on the south side of town? And why are they making love? They're married right?" After I got the reply "No Sister Snow, but he wants to marry her," I shot back with a "No ma'am! Never have sex with a guy before you are married, even if he does say he will marry you. Why buy the milk if the cow is free, girls?"

Oh heavens... I am officially (GULP) my mother!!!!

6 comments:

Sara said...

You may be turning into your mother, but it doesn't sound like a bad thing -- those three little examples sound like perfect interactions between adult and teenager . . .

You're funny, Jacki. :)

Ashley.Preston.Tate said...

While Number 3 is AWESOME, number 2...the can I have sour cream...no because it cost's extra is CLASSIC my mom.

Anonymous said...

but luckily you’ve got your dad’s sense of humor!!

J'net said...

Yeah, good thing you learned from the best!!
I think the saying goes...
Why buy the cow if you get the MILK for free?
But the other way works too!!
Loving the 25 things to pick up, still using it on your
siblings and in Primary here in Hawaii. I think that one is a "Barney" thing! I love you, you love me...
Luv you Jax! Keep serving with a smile and a willing
heart!

Jake, Camille, Kennedy & Jacob said...

It only gets worse! Just wait till you have your own child! Then you really become your mother!

Unknown said...

haha...totally remember the value menu days at taco bell...if only we could add sour cream! I love ya jax and have many days of turning into my mother as well! xoxo