Monday, September 26, 2005

Tullulah Gorge

So Brooks and I went to Tullulah Gorge. Brooks has been braggin about this place ever since I step foot in Georgia. I do have to admit that it is BEAUTIFUL!!! Look for yourself. We decided to take a family trip up there. So we packed up our backpacks with lunch, hopped in the truck and rode on up. 1 hour and 45 minutes later we were there. It was nice leaving Atlanta to this!
If you look really hard you can see the waterfall. This is at the Gorge Overlook Store.



We drove to the Interactive Center and walked down to the falls. We were lucky because normally the water is dammed up. But it wasn't this time so we got to see it flow big time!!!

I call this pic "Peek a Boo Brooks" He just got in the top corner. Isn't that so pretty though? And the river isn't that bad either!!!
We walked all the way down 314 stairs to get a better look at one of the waterfalls. It was so nice to be down there. There was this little pier that you could walk down too. Brooks and I had to yell at each other because it was so loud down there. Tullulah Falls was a huge tourist spot before they dammed it. People on their way from New York to Atlanta would stay and enjoy the beautiful scenery. At the information center there were pictures of all this women sitting right beside the waterfalls in there long dresses, hats and boots. Real Southern!!! The temperature dropped about 10 degrees which was a good thing because we had to hike back up... and when I say hike back up I really mean stairs... but it WAS A HIKE!!!

Here I am about 1/2 way up the 324 stair hike back up. Yeah that's right... it is all Honky Dory when you march on down. But boy are you hurtin' on your way back up. We were going up the stairs and we took a break. So I started talking to Brooks. Our convo went as follow:
(Brooks and Jacki breathing hard about to pass out)
Jacki: Brooks how are you feeling? You ok? How's your heart? Can you breath ok?
Brooks: (Panting) Jacki shhh!!! Geez obviously you don't know about hiker ediquette!
Jacki: Man ok I was just checking!
Brooks: Jax well... I will talk when I am ready!
Jacki: Ok so you are ok?
Brooks: JACKI!!!!! SHHHHHHHHH!!!!
(SILENCE!!)

We decided that all you need to do are those stairs 3 times a week and you will be in AWESOME shape!! We finally made it to the top and looked over are beautiful hike. You can see the little bridge that we walked over. I reccomend everyone to take a day and enjoy this hidden treasure!

3 comments:

Sara said...

I really like pictures 2 and 4 in this post. Hey, is this where we went with Clay & Co., the Rebers, and mom and dad about 2 years ago, Brooks? I can't remember, but I know there were a lot of stairs. . .

Sara said...

No Sara that was Anacoloula falls in North GA LOVE MOM

Nicole said...

Hey guys!!

Like your blog and just wanted to say Hi. Sara got me into it, too now. Check "Denglish Ramblings"... if you care to. Anyway, hope you guys are well, but it sure seems like it.