Friday, June 24, 2011

Birthdays & Recitals & Fathers Day... Oh My

So earlier this month was Jordyn's 3rd birthday. Jordyn decided she wanted a Mermaid and Pirate birthday party (well she just wanted a mermaid party but she has a few boy friends so we had to think of something for them too. Though a merman would work.) With the help of couponing and the internet, I think her party was a success!

Since dress up consists of her whole day, the party wouldn't be fit for Jordyn unless everyone got a costume. When the guests arrived, they picked out either a Mermaid or Pirate costume. Next they were taken over to the photo area so we could snap of picture of them in their costumes.

Our Birthday Mermaid!

And here is her cousin in the Pirate costume all the boys got.



After all the kids got their pictures taken, I quickly downloaded them to 1-hour photos so they could bring the picture home with them after the party. Then they made their own picture seashell picture frame.

Then it was lunchtime. We had "Sushi Sandwiches", "Peanut Butter and Jellyfish Sandwiches", "Pirate Ship Tacos", "Chicken 'Gold' Nuggets", "Mermaid Juice" and "Under the Sea Water". I totally forgot to take pictures of the setup! And I forgot how 15 sets of little hands can pull apart presentation so quickly!

After our picnic lunch, the real fun started!

We had a "Sand Castle Pit", "Water Fun" corner and a "Tiny Bubbles" area.

For about 30 minutes, the kids went wild.

Then it was presents, cupcakes and goodbye time.


The best part was Jordyn LOVED every bit of it. That night she said, "Mom, that was such a fun mermaid birthday party! Can I have one tomorrow too?"

Ha! If only we could, but no luck because the next day was her dance recital!

We left church a little early to get her dressed and ready for her recital. It was at UWG so we had about a 30 minute drive. She did so great though! Her ballet number was super cute and she actually danced parts of it.


Her tap number was a treat! It was a long recital and you could tell that by the time the girls came out for their second number, they were all a little tired. But Jordyn put on her happy face and just started jumping. It was pretty funny!


When the recital was over and she came around front, she was zonked! I picked her up and she put her head on my shoulder and was out like a light. Oh our little Tiny Dancer!

The next day we had to pack because we were heading out to visit my sister for 9 days. (Story for another post).

But when we got back it was Brooks' birthday. We didn't do much because Brooks said, and I quote, "Jacki, I don't want anything for my birthday. How about you plan your birthdays and I will plan mine!" I had a whole party brewing up (I even had an evite draft saved) but I humored him and didn't do anything for it! I did however manage to whip up Maple Bacon Cupcakes. He was happy about that.

Though he didn't want anything for his birthday, he didn't say anything about Fathers' Day, so I did manage to throw a little party to celebrate the Fathers in our lives.



We had a great dinner and some treats. Everyone had a good time. It was a crazy few weeks, but I can finally say that I think things might be slowing down a little bit. Yea!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Jax, I LOVE the candy bar idea! I did that for Ramon years ago but before kiddos - how cute with the kids involved in the story now. LOVE. May steal.

Sara said...

I wasn't sure which one was Jordyn in the dance videos . . . But I thought she was the second to last one on the right? Is that right?

Oh, man -- I love seeing pictures and videos of her. :)

Aubry said...

The party pictures looked awesome! Good job!! Your kids are so cute!