Saturday, January 22, 2011

Tiny Dancer

Ever since Jordyn watched her cousin Kennedy's dance class, she has been asking to do "Bal-A". I told her that once baby Braxton got here, then she could do dance. Seriously, on January 7th (the day after Braxton was born), Jordyn kept asking, "We do bal-a today momma?"

There was only one place around town (read: 40 minutes away) that allowed 2 year olds. We went to try that place out on Monday and I wasn't impressed at all. There were babies in the class that just learned how to walk. I am not saying my daughter is super advanced or anything, but I just couldn't justify paying $55 a month for a class that spent half the time trying to get these babies to walk to the teachers. (And was 40 minutes away mind you...)

So finally, after my sister-in-law did some research, and after I had to tell a little fib that Jordyn was potty trained (still working on that one), we got her and her cousin into a ballet/tap combo class (just 7 minutes up the road too).

She was so excited. I would ask her "you ready for ballet?" And she would say "I can't wait!"

She did pretty well. She had a hard time staying on her number for the whole time, but she did go back to her number every time her teacher told her too. She even told her teacher that she had to go to the bathroom. (Love how the girl played along with my fib.) When I took her to the bathroom, she already went in her pull-up, but at least it looks like she is trying.

I was really excited about it being a ballet/tap combo. Jordyn was too! Especially when she saw how neat her tap shoes were. The class had a teacher and an assistant which is helpful with eleven 3 year olds.

This chunky monkey slept the whole class.

As a side note: After looking at Jordyn's baby notes, I found out that she was 3 months by the time she weighed as much as Braxton did at birth. I can't lie, this boy is big!

3 comments:

Sara said...

Ohmygoodness. I don't know if I've ever seen anything as cute as Jordyn dressed up for ballet. I'm so sad I can't be there in person!!!

Kelly said...

So cute! I can't wait to start Elle in Ballet!

Cameron said...

Oh my cuteness! I have to get syd in ballet next year. I am so excited, we should do the class together!
-Brit