Tuesday, January 25, 2011

2 weeks with 2

I know to some of you out there, having 2 kids would be a break. But think about it people, my offspring just doubled.

So there has been a learning curve these past 2 weeks.

Here are a few things I have noticed:
- Your 2 year old will think she too is a baby.
- Getting "ready" (ready meaning both kids dressed, fed, changed and not crying. Not to be confused with ready meaning ME being dressed, fed and changed... yes, sometimes I have to change my outfit twice before noon, not by my choice) will now take 2 hours opposed to 1 hour.
- I totally forgot how much stuff a newborn comes with. I can't forget
>The nursing cover
> Diapers
> Wipes
> Change of clothes (for him and a shirt for me)
> Nursing pads
> Burp cloths
> Baby blanket (winter babies do require just a little more)
... and I consider myself a minimalist mom
- I jump at every little noise he makes during the night. And yes, I even put my hand on his belly to make sure he is still breathing during the night.
- Dividing my time between two kids is tough and I still feel a little guilty when I am spending too much time with one.
- Although I love Braxton a ton, bonding with him has been different then it was with Jordyn.
- Date night is SO MUCH MORE IMPORTANT!!!
- Sitting down and posting something for more then 10 minutes is impossible.

Got to go...

5 comments:

Jessica said...

Two was my hardest transition. I felt SO guilty ALL the time. Just keep telling yourself "Heavenly Father WANTS us to have big families because learning to be alone, self-less, get along, etc. is good for kids."

wendy_d23 said...

Congrats and know it does get easier. But I am still late to everything even though my kids can almost get ready entirely on their own. I have forgotten all the newborn stuff and am sure I will be in over my head in a couple months. Hoping the change to 3 is not as hard as the change to 2!

Kim said...

It will get easier in about 50 weeks.

Kelly said...

Two is hard! I thought I was done after Lily Kate till she was 18 months.....so it will get easy in a couple years:) Their cute faces make it all worth it!

Cecilia said...

Loved the post. Just had my second and it was good to hear some of my same overwhelming feelings. Maybe I will have some time to blog about it...Love your blog!