Saturday, September 11, 2010

Useless Randomness

Brooks and my conversation this morning:

Brooks: "Man, I just feel like we are so busy"
Jacki: "I know, but at least things are going to start slowing down"
Brooks: "Oh yeah. When? After Halloween? When your mom gets here? Or maybe after Thanksgiving? Or what about Christmas? Oh yeah, then we have a baby coming in January. Then we are looking at Jesse's farewell. Or maybe it will slow down once I go from 2 full time jobs to 1 full time job. I think we need to quit lying to ourselves."
Jacki: "So we are busy for the rest of our lives, huh?"
Brooks: "Looks like it..."

Well, at least we should have fun while we are busy right?

So we decided to take a week and go to Corolla, NC. It is on the islands off of the North Carolina coast. We have to say that it is our favorite beach in the Continental United States. Brooks and I met in OBX (Outer Banks) and we haven't been back since so we were really excited to get a week there.

Brooks and Jake had to head back to Atlanta for a night, so it was all of us moms and Ezra for a night. We made the best of it. Yes, I am Napoleon in this first picture. Someone had to lead the group! Jordyn the beach lover!!

When we weren't beaching it, we enjoyed the private pool the beach house had. We were able to get a nice dinner in too, even if there were 9 kids.

While we were there, Hurricane Earl decided he wanted to hit OBX. We decided to wait it out, even if there was a mandatory evacuation issued, and we were glad we did. The hurricane went from a category 3 to a tropical storm by the time it hit us. We were monitoring it, but by the time dinner time came around, it lost so much steam, we decided to hot tub instead of sit in traffic to get off the island.

We came back to a house just waiting to be worked on. Brooks and I decided that the best way to execute it is one room at a time. We decided to start with the kitchen/breakfast nook. I don't have great before pictures and we aren't done with the kitchen/breakfast nook yet, but here is a taste.

Not a huge fan of red and yellow toile, or the seat coverings... Or the color.

So we are slowly getting rid of it.

More pictures of the final project to come.


But until then, we will just be working on the house in style! Nothing goes better than a princess with tools.

5 comments:

J'net said...

I LOVE the new fabric? on the breakfast nook bench!
LOVE the help u have hired in the princess dress!! N I think the family picture is DARLING!! NO ur life will not slow down since ur adding a baby AND a new house the SAME year, NEWS flash!! DO enjoy it tho!!

R @ Rebecca's Roundup said...

Um...yeah. Life doesnt slow down. The important thing is to keep your SANITY though. Excited for you to have #2!

charles said...

mmmmmmmmmmm 'hmmmmmmm girl....

right there with you. i imagine that when we're working on a house project, you guys are too.

twin'er.

Ashley.Preston.Tate said...

I can't wait to see more pictures of your house!!! So busy, so expensive, but eventually it'll feel like home!

When I lived in Virginia, we used to vacation in Corolla! Small world.

Britney said...

Ooh I love your house already and I have seen one little space. I need to come see it. I miss you! It has been WAY too long! Life is SO busy these days, and when baby 2 comes, it will be even worse. Aw well...what a life! Looks like you are livin it up!