Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Why I Love Wednesdays

We live walking distance from the public library and every Wednesday they have Storytime. This is not your ordinary, boring, sit on the circle rug Storytime. It is full of books, music and excitement. I might look forward to it more than Jordyn (though she does love it!).

Every week there is a different theme. They start with a wiggle song then sit for a story. In between each story (3 total) they have another song that goes with the theme and then they end with two more wiggle songs and a craft.

Last week's theme was popcorn. There was a book about popcorn popping so much that it popped out the door and all over the town. During that part the reader (Miss Faye, AWESOME!) threw popcorn on the whole crowd. (Yes, mom, you would have had an anxiety attack!) I am telling you people, this Storytime delivers!


Notice the popcorn all over the floor. Good thing too, because I forgot Jordyn's snack that week. She seemed to not care, as you can tell.


This week's theme was Pumpkins and all the kids got to wear their Halloween costumes.

I have been raving about it to Brooks for the last few months so he decided to check it out this week. He understands now.

Jordyn's friend Jack came out for it this week. I just love this little bee and pirate!

There is always a good turnout. It is my kind of activity. It's free, takes about 45 minutes, Jordyn is entertained, she gets to make something and I don't have to clean anything!

10 comments:

Amber said...

Aw I have great memories of going to story time at the Library as a kid! Sounds like quite the party at yours, pop corn on the ground? wow! LOL at Jordan loving it. That bee costume is ADORABLE!!!! WOw I love it, did you make it? I am loving those cool tutus they have for little girls these days, I kinda want one! lol

Dadmichael said...

Oooooh. Libraries! My favorite place to go. Does Jordyn have her library card yet? I have a collection of them. It's never too early to get one. Books are some of my best friends!

Sara said...

Three things:
1. I LOVE public libraries. What an incredible thing -- the public library system. It's just so . . . perfect. Really. (Thank you, Benjamin Franklin and Andrew Carnegie.)
2. Jordyn does look pretty darn cute.
3. Jacki, your skin looks so smooth and flawless in that picture!

Unknown said...

I second all the comments! Also thanks Sawa for the little history lesson =) I never knew that!

Kim said...

I remember those days...

cardlady said...

Jacki, YOU ARE SUCH A LOVELY daughter in law. Why do I have to put daughter (IN LAW) You are doing a fantastic job at being the best wife and mother. THANK YOU!
The bee costume you made is excellent! I love these posts. GRAma Snow

Liz said...

Definitely the cutest bee I've ever seen.

Pa Pa Jim said...

Make sure she doesn't fly away.

J'net said...

Love the video!
OMG she was EATING the popcorn OFF the floor! What a cute Jordyn BEE!

R.M. said...

She is the cutest bee I have ever seen!