Friday, July 17, 2009

Summer Olympics 2028

For the last month, I have been taking Jordyn to swim lessons about 30 minutes from our house. This is the type of dedication that is required from a future Olympian. (Just ask Michael Phelps' mom.)

The grueling curriculum consists of leg strengthening exercises,

breath control drills,

diving practice
(Brooks didn't realize that if the camera is sideways so is the picture. Sorry)

and of course, time trials.

Sure some people might think this is a little over the top considering Jordyn is only a year, but we have big dreams for her and only 19 years til her big debut.



I mean this girl has what it takes, as you can tell!

So keep an eye out for this one in the Summer 2028 Olympics.

6 comments:

Sara said...

Oh my goodness! That last picture is quite possibly the cutest picture I have ever seen in my life! Look at that hair!

I don't think it's too early to learn to swim at all! Trust me, she'll thank you later!

Pa Pa Jim said...

Jax you've got to have Jordyn saying "Ta Da" when she comes up for air.
Just like her mommy was taught.
Those are great videos & the pictures are 'smashing' She seem to love water! There was no crying. It shows how much she trust her momma. Isn't it great to be a parent??????

Pa Pa Jim said...

one more thing!!
That is a very calm & peaceful baby. You're blessed Jax & Brooks

Amber said...

LOL so cute!!

cardlady said...

I LOVE THESE Pics. She is going to the OLYMPICS! I agree with Sara, such a cute pic at the end with certificate! Next we are going boating! I got her a pristine life jacket and when boat is sea worthy, we will all go have a picnic and row the little dinghy. hahahahah

Lexia said...

There are so many things going through my mind right now:
Jacki's swimsuit looks great, I can't believe Jordyn is holding her breath under water that long, that makes me a little nervous, I can't believe she didn't cry with that guy holding her in the water, I hate it when people don't realize a video camera is only horizontally filmed, Jacki's suit reminds me of the girl's costume in the movie "Ice Castles," I love Jordyn's sweet cheeks, she so dang cute!