I am going to toot my horn a little bit and say that for the most part I feel like I am a good mom. I enjoy spending time with Jordyn and she seems to be growing and happy so I feel that I must be doing something right.
But every now and then I realize that I can be a pretty bad mom. Not intentionally. Sometimes bad moments just happen to good moms, right?
As a good mother, I have Jordyn sit in her seat during meal time.

You know, unless I have gone bad and then she decides to eat ON the table.

Since I am such a good mother, I stress educational activities like silent reading everyday.

That is after she decides to pull every book off of the shelf.

Since a good mother listens to AAP recommendations, Jordyn wears a hat and sunscreen when we go to the pool.

But sometimes that mom puts sunscreen in an eye.
(I did feel horrible about this! STUPID SUNSCREEN!)

Since good moms want their kids to be healthy and strong, I make sure Jordyn eats nutritious snacks and stays hydrated.

Unless we are in the car for a really long time and the only thing that will keep her happy and me sane is some messy, gooey chocolate.
(For both of us that is!)

I know that a lot of GREAT moms read this blog. Please let me know your good mom gone bad experiences.
But every now and then I realize that I can be a pretty bad mom. Not intentionally. Sometimes bad moments just happen to good moms, right?
As a good mother, I have Jordyn sit in her seat during meal time.
You know, unless I have gone bad and then she decides to eat ON the table.
Since I am such a good mother, I stress educational activities like silent reading everyday.
That is after she decides to pull every book off of the shelf.
Since a good mother listens to AAP recommendations, Jordyn wears a hat and sunscreen when we go to the pool.

But sometimes that mom puts sunscreen in an eye.
(I did feel horrible about this! STUPID SUNSCREEN!)
Since good moms want their kids to be healthy and strong, I make sure Jordyn eats nutritious snacks and stays hydrated.
Unless we are in the car for a really long time and the only thing that will keep her happy and me sane is some messy, gooey chocolate.
(For both of us that is!)

I know that a lot of GREAT moms read this blog. Please let me know your good mom gone bad experiences.

14 comments:
Sooo good! You are an awesome mom Jacki! Pretty much every activity with Kennedy starts off with good intentions but ends up a disaster. Keep it up! Jordyn looks so happy!
"Bad mommy, bad mommy",
Well at least you had a "good daddy, good daddy" Jax?
That chocolate on her looks like the day she blew-out her diaper!!!!!!
REMEMBER????????????
Aw, that poor, swollen eye! :(
Jax - you are an awesome mom! I have plenty of bad mom stories! It happens to the best of us!
You are a great mother!
Keep the pictures coming!! Love that cute little
growing baby!! You've done a GREAT job w/ her
first year, Brit's "Baileigh" climbs on their table TOO!
And that chocolate mess isn't as bad as it sounded on
the phone!! Happy 4th!! Luv, MOM
Such a cute post. We all have our days...mothers or not lol. Keep up the good work!!
You are a great mother and a fabulous blog writer!! So entertaining! Youre an amazing mom!!
Ha, I love it! That swollen eye though sad, couldn't have made me laugh harder...poor girl :) Also, you know we have all had some moms turned bad moments...I mean really...I almost killed Brooks with that Roman Candle didn't I?..that couldn't have been the first time I had a lapse in judgement :)
Oh Jacki! You are a fabulous MOM! Who said moms were supposed to be perfect? She is growing by leaps and bounds and educationally too. She will figure it all out even if we as mothers don't do it exactly right the first time! Love Cathy
HER POOR EYE!!!! I was tickling Preston on the driveway when he about a year old and as he went down to the ground, he scraped his entire cheek. He looked like he had been in a motorcycle accident. Kevin came home expecting some crazy story and I was like Oh, that? I was just tickling him. :P
I love it. Makes us all feel better that we aren't perfect! Emery love Dora The Explorer. And wants to watch it all day long. Some days he does. I'm a bad mom ;)
I wrote a post about 2 years ago about my 90 percent rule. Here's the link:
http://everydayromneys.blogspot.com/2007/09/musings-on-parenting.html
It's totally this topic.
I love it Jax!! Being a new mom I can totally relate to this post. I agree with Kelly...your blog is quite the entertaining spot :)
Post a Comment