We (read: I) love NYC. Whenever we (read: I) get a chance to head up there, we (read:I) do. Well, Brooks, Jordyn and I decided that Ryan's 30th birthday would be a great excuse to get up to New York. Ryan's husband Gary was sweet enough to get a whole bunch of her girlfriends to fly up and surprise her for her 30th. She had no clue. Brooks and I headed up a couple of days early to spend time with the Milkwicks. That made the surprise even harder to conceal, but we did it and the party weekend was a success.
After 2 night in Jersey, we rented a hotel in the city. Jordyn loved riding the subway. She was such a little traveler!
Friday we met up with Lexia (Brooks' sister) at her apartment in East Village.
It was a beautiful day so we decided to walk the Brooklyn Bridge,
stand an hour in Grimadi's line for some awesome pizza,
spend time in Brooklyn Heights,
and the Pier.
Brooks found a bluegrass band and was in heaven.
We spent the evening watching the sunset at the Brooklyn Promenade. If we ever moved to NYC (in my dreams!) I would move to Brooklyn Heights. Look at that view, and look at the sunburn Jordyn came back to the hotel with. The first born is always the tester child and we totally forgot the sunscreen. Oops! But she still loved it!
Saturday we met up with the girls for Ryan's official birthday bash! The Milkwicks took us out to Del Friscos. It was unbelievable! Thanks again guys!


Then the group broke up and went to different shows. Amanda, Kelly, Brooks and I all saw Mary Poppins. Super Cute! Thanks again Lexia for watching Jordyn! After dinner and the show, Adam, Lexia and Jordyn met up with a group of us at Serendipinty for some yummie (as Jordyn's shirt says) desserts.
Can I just say... A girl of my own heart!
Sunday we got to see Ashley's place in Williamsburg. Super cute! I didn't get any pictures with Ash, but we did get to walk down to the park by her house. Jordyn thought it would be a good time to nap.
We then headed back to Manhattan where Adam showed us the studio he works at. I got to throw down some tracks (aka "Open Shut Them") and we ate some dinner and little cakes from Black Hound.
The trip consisted of family, friends and amazing food! Thanks again Milkwicks, Lexia and Ash! We had such a great time!

8 comments:
I love NY! I am way jealous! You guys are world travelers. You got some great pics! Jordyn looks different with all those expressions, I love it!
Jax! Thanks for coming! I had a blast! You guys are awesome friends!
To be sure, New York City is fun, but I found myself being more interested in the people in the pictures and not the big skyline behind them.
New York? Leave it!
NY is very fun if you've got the money to see everything. Lovely pictures!!! I've got NY picture of us on the WTC. Can't duplicate them!!!
I LOVE her eyes in the chocolate cake pictures. She's in Heaven!
You guys had SO much fun!
Jerry and Nancy were living thru you guys, that was their stomping ground for so many good memories!!
Aloha, MOM
Isn't Fogo opening an office in NYC in a couple of months? It was awesome to see y'all!
Sounds like a great trip! And great desserts!
Post a Comment