Monday, December 08, 2008

Cause We Need a Little Christmas

So our home was on the Historic Home Tour this year. Yes, we are just renting, but my friend that works with the city asked if we could do it this year and so, stupidly, I said yes. Now looking back, it wasn't that bad. My dad and sister and Brooks' family all pitched in to get the house ready. Sure it took a full week (and I mean 168 hours) to get it ready. Sure I have been completely consumed with nothing else. But now, the house is how I want it, Christmasey, and I have nothing to do but enjoy it and read til the New Year! Here is the tour:



(And don't mind the camera man... he is just figuring out how to use the new camera... Thanks again Dad!)

16 comments:

Pa Pa Jim said...

The video say. "We're sorry, this video is no longer available.

What give?????

Jake, Camille, Kennedy & Jacob said...

Good Job Jacki!!!!!! I'm sooo impressed! I wish I could have seen the house while I was there! It looks sooooo cute! I love historic homes! I thought Jordyn had a bug stuck on her head for a second! She is sooo cute! Now its time to finish the Twilight books!

J'net said...

WOW! Looks like an HGTV tour for SURE!!
Loved every minute of the walk thru!!
GOOD job everyone who painted, decorated and cleaned, turned out FIVE star!!!
Jordyn seemed to approve too...
SO, Jax when are you going to tell Brx that it really only cost $4,500 to put on the "holiday" touch???
Looked like LOTS of $$$ on a dime, what talent!
LOVED the BIG wreaths!
Happy Holidays and have a Merry Christmas in a beautiful home!! Aloha, MOM

Anonymous said...

Hot.

Brittiny said...

WOW, I love it so much, it's great to finally see your new place. Love you, you guys did an amazing job...

Anonymous said...

Jacki that looks so good!! I love Jordyn she is so cute!! You were missing my planets on the windows! I'm so sad cuz it took me a million years to do..... I LOVE YOU!
Jenna

Pa Pa Jim said...

The video if lovely.
We did a great job.
Keep it up till Valentines Day!!

Lexia said...

If my little 450 sq. ft. apartment was just a tiny bit bigger, I would have three enormous wreaths and myriad Christmas trees just like you. Nice work. I can't wait to see it when I come home. Hey, can you maybe pick me up at the airport on the 20th while I'm thinking about it? Sara has a date that night.

Annie Gedge said...

Me too. Totally missed the planets, but you did find some beautiful wreaths.

wendy_d23 said...

wow, that is amazing! Great job!

Jan said...

It looks fabulous. Great Job! I can't believe you went to all that work for a home you are renting, hopefully you can buy it some day. I have no motivation to put money into the home we are renting.

Shawn and Alisha Stratton said...

Your home is absolutely beautiful! You did a great job decorating...and all this time I thought I went all out on our Christmas decorations. Back to the drawing board!! lol. It was great to finally see the house. Take care!!

Ezra said...

Looks amazing...but in all seriousness, who's house was that?

jenny said...

wow jacki! seriously, i am so impressed! i want to come over and hang out there, it looks so festive. and that house is huge, it must have taken a lot of decorations to fill all of those rooms. i want to come see it in person.

Ashley.Preston.Tate said...

She is getting so big...she's as big as Preston was when he was probably 2 mons old. :) Your house is amazing! Stucco just doesn't have the same effect that wanes coting has... The only thing I like more is it decorated for Christmas! It looks fabulous.

VirtualM said...

Yeah, so when's the big Christmas party so all of us in Atlanta can trek out and see the place? It looks great! I'm super jealous - we still don't even have furniture in our living room.