Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Oh... Now I Get It!

So as much as I would like to understand the economy crisis/WallStreet-Bailout, I don't. Brooks absorbs and understands it inside and out (it helps that he watches and reads about it half of his day), but even with all his strong efforts of explaining everything to me, I needed an explanation in more laywomen terms. I was doing some blog reading and came across an explanation like this from an author I find interesting, Mike Adams:

"Imagine two households. One household balances its budget, spends only what it brings home in income and has no debt. The other household spends twice as much as it earns. It owes $50,000 on credit cards and borrows money from loan sharks to meet the minimum payments on its credit cards.

Now consider this: The second household sneaks into the first household and steals money to pay its own debts. On top of that, it has a counterfeit cash printing machine in the basement, and it's cranking out thousands of dollars a week just to attempt to pay off its credit cards. It's immune to the law because it buys off the local police for criminal immunity.

Which household is headed towards financial disaster? Which household has a real future, and which one doesn't?

That second house, of course, is the United States government."

Hmmm, ok, now I get it. Jerks!

5 comments:

Lisa said...

Last Firday's Oprah explained it really well too but this is pretty accurate if you ask me. Do you ever watch Suze Orman? She scares me!

Jake, Camille, Kennedy & Jacob said...

That does explain it really well!!! I'm thinking Jake and I should have gone out and bought a huge expensive house that we couldnt afford so that the governemnt could give us money and help us out! We are so getting ripped off!!! It makes me ANGRY!

Brittiny said...

I am so glad you put that cause I am so lost, that really helps! All I know that it is going to take money away from us somehow and I am wondering where cause we're the first family. We only spend what we make, no credit cards or debit. So that means what to us? I hope no one thinks their sneaking into my house, I would hate to be the person who woke me up from what little sleep I already get, scaring me cause I am already on high alert being a mother of four and trying to steal my money. I agree with Camelli, we live in a three bedroom apartment with six people, we should of done the whole huge house thing too.

J'net said...

The Whole HUGE house isn't the plan either!!!
We had one and it was TOO much work!
The idea here is... Christ is coming in about 3 yrs. and things have to get unified-world wide for Him to save it, SO it is going that way! It's more like secret combinations and politicians have just gotten found out!! The stock market is legal gambling and when people bet on things that are only written on paper... THEY don't exist!!! LIKE $$$! You CAN'T live on PROJECTED income, you NEED it in your hand! The gov. keeps using their ATM like it has $$ in it!?!?!
Just protect your family and enjoy life is what conf. said. The $ is just a game, it soon will be shells and
I know a good beach to collect 'em on!!
Aloha

Pa Pa Jim said...

Get out of debt & save your money.
It works everytime