Monday, October 06, 2008

Beatle Craze!

Ok I know I am a little late on the bandwagon, but I am on a HUGE Beatles kick! I had no idea that they were responsible for so many songs. I kid you not, Brooks and I were going through their albums and song after song my response was "What? They sing that song too?" I blame my parents for not introducing me to them while in my youth. But I thank my parents for the introduction of great artists like Frank Sinatra, Moody Blues, Beach Boys and of course Neil Diamond.

Anyway, my top Beatles songs are:
  • Come Together
  • I Want You (She's so Heavy)
  • Happiness is a Warm Gun
  • While My Guitar Gently Weeps
  • If I Fell
  • It Won't Be Long
  • I've Just Seen a Face
  • Don't let me Down
  • Dear Prudence
  • Something
And of course,
  • Let it Be
Do you have a favorite Beatles song?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great list, Jacki. But you forgot "Here comes the sun"!!!

jenny said...

"we can work it out." love that one, in fact, i am working on learning it on the guitar as we speak!

R.M. said...

I love Let it Be. Brooke White did it last year on AI and it rocked! I have her version and the original.

Sara said...

Oh, Jacki. I'm so happy that another person in the world has come to appreciate the beauty and wonder that is Beatles music. I'm quite amazed at the talent displayed . . .

My favorite songs are George Harrison's, and my favorite singer is Paul McCartney. So my favorite song is . . . "Something." That's all I'll say for now, though, because I could go on for a long time, if I listed my favorites. So maybe I'll just say that my two favorite albums are "Abbey Road" and "Rubber Soul." :)

abbyB said...

I love 'Here Comes The Sun' and 'Blackbird'. I love them because Ez used to play 'Here Comes The Sun' on the piano so whenever I hear it it makes me think of home and the family. You should tell him to play it for you. He does 'Blackbird' really well too!

J'net said...

How funny! They were SO popular and yet Grandma JEAN said they WERE NOT musicians and wouldn't let us listen to 'em...
My cousin Gayle in Turlock played ALL their songs on the piano and we learned 'em from her.
Glad you are bridging the gap!
Aloha

Pa Pa Jim said...

There 1st song was "I want to hold your hand" which they sang on the 'Ed Sullivan Show' in 1962? You couldn't hear them sing because ALL the girls were screaming.
But they were long haired wild hippies. We liked the clean cut, Beach Boys or Neil Diamond.
Sinatra is still the best. We'll be listening to him 100 years from now.
Check the 'British Invasion' groups. Chad & Jeramy, Engelbert Humperdinck, Four Tops, Gordon Lightfoot, Johnny Mathis, Kingston Trio, Matt Monro, Peter & Gordon, Petula Clark,
Check these singers out.