Friday, October 03, 2008

Four Months


Jordyn is four months today.

How things have changed.

Jordyn:
  • Holds her head up like a champ.
  • Smiles when she sees me. (My favorite)
  • Giggles
  • Reaches for things
  • Puts everything that is in her hand, in her mouth.
  • Puts her feet under her and arches her back while she is laying down. (About to roll over... maybe.)
  • Is very curious about food. (I have yet to introduce her to food. I am really in no rush either. Maybe Christmas time.)
  • Is 12lbs. Though this may not seem very big to most people, it is double her birth weight, so I think it is just fine.
  • Has traveled to (through) six states.
I:
  • Have come to terms that now my shoe size is 11 instead of 10. Like wearing a size 10 wasn't hard enough.
  • Will probably never get back to a size 6 because though my waist is getting smaller, my hips haven't budged.
  • Lose hair everywhere. Um, is this normal or should I be worried?
  • Still wake up every four hours. Even if Jordyn doesn't wake up, I still do. I guess I am used to that schedule now.
  • Now understand mom time. 1 hour feels like 10 minutes. Where does a 24 hour day go? (Yes I am still unpacking. We are going to have a party when I get everything unpacked... might be next year at this rate, but anyway, keep your calendar open.)
  • Am truly loving being a mother.



12 comments:

Chelsea said...

Oh my gosh, I lose hair like crazy too!! It's so sick, I hate it. Jordyn is adorable. I love the Dr. Seuss shirt :)

Pa Pa Jim said...

You're a wonderful mother Jax!!!!
I knew you would be because you always loved your dollies.

ENJOY THE PROCESS

Melissa said...

Losing all that hair is totally normal. It is because hormones during pregnancy are different so you don't lose as much...then when they go back to normal you make up for all the time you weren't losing hair. Also...good luck on those hips, mine never really went back (and continued to get worse with each kiddo)

Will and Natalie Giddens said...

Jacki, she is so ADORABLE! Seriously, what a cute, cute girl. And the fact that she's doubled her birth weight in four months is significant. "They" say kids are supposed to triple their birth weight by their 1st birthday, but I haven't always found that to be true.

Yes, unfortunately, the losing hair thing is normal. It usually starts up about three months after you give birth. Just one of those things...

And I totally her you about the foot size. I was so bummed after I had Everett when I realized all my cute size 9 shoes just really didn't fit anymore. Thankfully, they didn't get any bigger after my second one!

You sound so happy to be a mom. I'm so glad for you and Brooks!

jenny said...

way to go jordyn! sounds like she is doing great, and what a cutie. i love all 12 pounds of her.

your list of things that have changed with you.....all i can say is ditto. hair loss, waking up during the night, bigger hips (although i think you looked GREAT when i saw you last month). and not ever having enough time. it's a wonder we do love being moms isn't it? (i'm glad you feel that way at four months. it took me to more like 8 months!)

Jessica said...

Cute cute post. That hair on that baby is ridiculous--maybe that's where you hair is going? She's stealing it and gluing it to her head.

Bekah will die when she reads this...she's so afraid of her 11s turning into 12s.

My hair got curlier as it grew back it (with each kid)...that's, like, the only body benefit I got from child bearing.

Ashley.Preston.Tate said...

She is so cute! And TINY! P was 14 pounds at 2 months. SWEET SHIRT!

Sara said...

Oh, great! If your feet grew one size, as most moms' do, what hope do I have?!? :(

J'net said...

You are still ONLY one picture at a time...
Send out a GOB of 'em, she's too cute for just
ONE!
Shoe size goes down after all the kids, I'm 8 1/2
sandal now and 9 W shoe IF not a pointy heel like
Jenna wears!?!?! It all gets smaller after the child bearing years!!! Look at Grma Wheable! Just keep sending pictures!
Luv and Aloha

Brittiny said...

What a great picture a that little girl, your moms right we need more of her on this page and maybe one of you and Brooks from time to time would also be nice. She is getting so big already, where has the time gone? Happy Fall, I am so excited, I just love this time of year...

Lexia said...

Oh great! If your hips continue to spread, as most mom's do, what hope do I have?!? Note that for those of you who don't know me, I am a "hippie" girl...and not the Woodstock kind.

Julie said...

I love that picture! So cute!