Wednesday, September 03, 2008

That Was Easy

Ok I cook with white wine. Some of my favorite recipes call for it, and the alcohol is cooked out so... quit judging.


Anyway, today at Walmart I bought some white wine. I don't worry so much about the quality, you know the beefy meaty complexion, so that is why I get it at Walmart. I had my ID ready and all she said was, "What is your birthday?"

I replied "Um, five, five, eighty-four."

Then she handed me the wine.

She didn't even look at my ID and she took my word that I was 21.

If only it was that easy to get alcohol during my high school years. I am kidding people... sort of. No really I am. Once again quit judging... jeeeesh!

7 comments:

Sara said...

Ha. Wow, Jacki -- you're just layin' all out there. :)

That really is a sad thing, though. I had my ID checked once for buying spray paint. Hm.

J'net said...

OK! That was good news for those of us WHO cook!!
They don't ID me when I order at Costco food court, NOT serving any food w/ wine.
Like share the recipe and we will quit judging you! That stuff would be nasty to drink anyways...
It's only good for cooking! SO who WOULD be buying it for a picky minor, they (minors) SHOP in their parents fully stocked BAR and add water to the bottles---REMEMBER?!!!!
Are you coming to AZ in Sept?
Aloha

Pa Pa Jim said...

My daughter the wino!!

jenny said...

that's crazy. not that anyone would want to drink cooking wine, but i'm sure there is some kid somewhere who would get drunk on it. now that i have a kid, stuff like that makes me worried.

oh, and you reciting your birthday made me feel old!

Anonymous said...

I need to have a meeting with you. say your prayers.

Lisa said...

LOL! I am dying at the last comment. PS - If you watch food network you have to know not to use "cooking wine". They always say to cook with wine that you would drink. Obviously how the heck would WE know what to buy but I think for white wine a nice pinot grigio or chardonnay would be good. I am a professional. Ask me anything.

Anonymous said...

What are you saying about the high school days? KIDDING? YEAH RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW!