Jordyn loves her thumb! In the middle of the night I constantly hear slurping sounds and I will look over and she will be asleep sucking on her thumb. I swear I feed her all the time, but she seems to just love her thumb.

But I guess she liked it from the beginning. This is her 14weeks with her thumb up to her mouth.

Should I be stopping this?

11 comments:
All of my little babies loves to do the whole thumb thing, Bayleigh so far proved to be the hardest to stop. After watching braces happen to the fellow thumb stucker in my family I deciced that was one excepense I was going to not encourage. It is the cutest thing to see them doing, isn't it? But braces and them complaining later on down the line doesn't sound so cute to me, not times four anyways! Good luck and I have I told you how cute that baby is...
Don't worry about it now. She may be starting to teeth. Braden would only suck his thumb when he was teething.
Probably but it's
a)super super cute
b)making your life easier
So who would want to?
I know Kennedy would have sucked her thumb if she hadn't had a pacifier. I sucked mine till 5th grade. Didnt really bother me! :) I think she looks so cute sucking her thumb! If it makes her happy then why not? Right? At this age they get everything they want!
Jax,
I only wish Jake would have sucked his thumb! He would wake up in the middle of the night and scream "BINKY"!!! I would fly in the room and search for the pacifier. Finally I started putting three or four pacifiers in his bed before he went to sleep so that he could find one easily!!!! The thumb seems to be much easier. I would not worry about it until she is like two or three because that is when it can mess up her baby teeth. You don't want her to have a "funky grill" as Les would say.
P was a thumb sucker so we went to a pacifier and now he's addicted. I'm having the hardest time breaking it and he's 2. If he doesn't have the pacifier, he is chewing on something he's found around the house. He's overly oral!
I have no advice and wish you good luck ;)
oh my gosh, that's cute. i say let her go for it. that way she can self soothe and you can figure out how to break her of it later if needs be. it's probably one of the reasons she's such a good sleeper.
adorable. let her suck her thumb!
Definitely let her suck her thumb. Caleb sucks this pointer and middle fingers at the same time. It's better than searching for that binkie.
I sucked my thumb till last year. What's the big deal??
She can put herself back to sleep in the middle of the night. It's an instant plug. It's a lifesaver so let her do it!
Post a Comment