Thursday, August 21, 2008

And I'm Back... PHEW

I know, I know... I have been MIA for about 2 weeks, but a lot has happened so here goes.

On August 8th, Brooks, Jordyn and I flew out to Phoenix for an unofficial Sherrill reunion. Jordyn did GREAT on the flight. I wish we could fly everywhere because I can feed her without worrying about a car seat. We surprised my dad for his birthday. It was such a fun trip. It is funny how vacations change when you have a baby. Before Jordyn we would shop for hours and stay out for hours at a time. Not anymore. It is more like our "vacation" is dictated around naps and feedings. We had so much fun.

If you know my family, you know that EVERY time we get together we take family pictures. Well this time instead of going to the dreaded Portrait People or Picture People or whatever they are called, Camille's friend Audrey donated her mad photography skills! She is so good and awesome (trust me, it takes a great person to handle my dad when it comes to taking pictures of his kids. Just trust me!) "Ok now I am going to get a picture with my girls kissing my cheeks", "Now we are going to get this on CD right Audrey?", "And what size are these files, Audrey?", "How is the quality, Audrey?", "Brooks you better be smiling!", "With teeth Brooks... TEETH!"

Well here are some of my favorites. Camille posted some on her blog and my mom and dad have some more details about the trip.

Now that I am back in the proverbial blog saddle again, I'll start being more consistent.








9 comments:

Jake, Camille, Kennedy & Jacob said...

Yay! So glad you are back. We have missed you dearly. Love the pictures and the quote from your dad were right on. So glad you guys got to come out here. WE HAD A BLAST! Kennedy says to give Jordyn a kiss and hug from her.

Pa Pa Jim said...

GREAT PICTURES OF A GOOD LOOKING FAMILY!!
("it takes a great person to handle my dad when it comes to taking pictures of his kids. Just trust me!) "Ok now I am going to get a picture with my girls kissing my cheeks"..)

Come on Jax, I've taught you that you have to ASK questions in life if you want to learn & get what you need. A Dad's job is to lead. The problem with Sherrill's is they ALL want to lead. Let the old man have his fun. Love you all!
It was a great birthday surprise.

Kelly said...

Love the pictures Jax!!!

R.M. said...

What a good lookin family!

J'net said...

Yay! You are blogging again!
The day is good... Beach and blog!
Luv, MOM

Brittiny said...

Wow girl,I just loves these pictures of your trip. Plus those are really good lookin shoes. The person who picked those must have great taste! Love ya all so much...

jenny said...

such cute pictures jacki! and might i add that you look so great! i can't believe that you have lost all your baby weight, you rock. little jordyn is growing like a weed, i can't wait to see you guys again. we need to hang out soon. and about michael phelps, your comment cracked me up because we have olympic crushes on him too.

Jenny said...

Jackie, you look SO GOOD! What beautiful family pics.

My family Begins said...

You're hilarious. I'm glad you liked them. I'm sorry the "diana" pictures didn't turn out as well. You'll have to come back to town so we can take more pics of Jordyn.