Monday, July 21, 2008

Showering Your Baby by Yourself!

Step 1: Remove all clothes from the baby besides diaper and place in an entertaining holder like a swing or bouncy chair.
Step 2: Lay a washable diaper on the bed where you will be laying the baby. Make sure the diaper is NOT on your side of the bed.
Step 3: Place a towel of choice over the washable diaper. Make sure the washable diaper is lined up where the baby's bottom will be.
Step 4: Undress and take a shower as usual.
(no picture available)

Step 5: Step out of the shower and grab baby out of the entertainment holder. Try to remove baby's diaper gracefully without dripping too much water on the floor or dropping the baby.Step 6: Take baby back in the shower with you and wash her.
Warning: Baby may be slippery when wet.
(no picture available)

Step 7: After the baby is washed, step out of the shower and lay baby on the towel and diaper that you previously placed on the bed and dry baby off.

Step 8: Lotion and diaper baby. Remove her from the towel and place her on the bed. Step 9: Put towel and washable diaper in the laundry because you notice that pee still managed to get through both of them.

Step 10: Be thankful you always dry the baby off on your spouse's side of the bed.


13 comments:

Ezra said...

I like it. Kill to birds with one...shower.

Ezra said...

I meant T-W-O birds.

Crystal said...

Lucky for you Brooks doesn't check the blog. The pee will be totally dry by the time he gets home.

Jake, Camille, Kennedy & Jacob said...

I love it! haha Hopefully Brooks doesn't see this and find out what you have been up to. To this day I still shower Kennedy with me! I love it. You are much more organized than I was when Kennedy was younger. I would get done with the shower and then realize her towel was in the other room or something! Then we would be running around the house all wet. NOT GOOD!

Shawn and Alisha Stratton said...

Hello guys...it's been so long since we've chatted. I am still so excited that you guys are new parents (and Jordyn couldn't be cuter)! I hope your new family is doing well, and we hope to hang out with you all soon. We can't wait to meet her!

Ashley.Preston.Tate said...

He'll never even know.... Kevin could always shower with Preston but I always was afraid I'd drop him! They still shower and blast crazy loud 80's music while they do. The process takes well over an hour with the added fun- so much for a time saver!

J'net said...

Did you have time to "shave" your legs during YOUR shower time??? Amazing how grooming is a HUGE process now with BABY!!
OK, streamline and hand baby in when Brx showers
in the am and then you are done in 1.5 minutes flat!
Wet, lather, rinse, hand baby out...to the adult standing outside of shower. THEN go back to bed
with clean fresh baby while Brx heads off to work.
That's MY baby shower secret!!!
She is looking plumper! BUT the diaper looks huge
on her still, did you just move up in diaper size?

Pa Pa Jim said...

Jax, those are the best picture, by far, of my grand daughter. Now they are CUTE!! Your mom did hand you into the shower with me & it was quick & easy. But I also remember times when we just hosed you down out side. That's what you'll do by the 4th child.

ENJOY THE PROCESS!!

Mom said...

Yes, Papa Jim is right, and if you do what the Chesnuts do, you will just take them to the pool on saturday evening, have a good swim, then wash their hair in the nearby shower and call it good for Sunday, and probably for the week!
Jordyn is getting cuter, and looking more like her mommy --- I still need to get out there to see you all!

Love

Liz

jet said...

I would like to reference a previous post when I say: Brookes gets all the smiles, but he also gets the bed side surprises. I think it is a fair trade. :)

jenny said...

your super talented! i can say i have never tried this trick. i am way too clumsy and it would all surly end in bruises and tears.

Kelly said...

Jax you are so funny!!! You're talented. I was always scared I was going to drop Elle.....to this day, she hates showers. Good job starting Jordyn when she's young!!

Anonymous said...

WOW, You sure are lucky!
Just wait until she starts to ROLL, CRAWL, WALK, & NOW RUN!!!!!
Can't just let her sit NO MOE!
(JAKE)