Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Did You Have Chicken Pox?

How many of you had Chicken Pox?


I remember I got a pretty bad case of them. I survived though. I guess I am just wondering what
this is all about. My outbreak didn't make national news. Are we really that scared now?

7 comments:

jenny said...

that is crazy! i had chicken pox and it surely didn't make the headlines. don't all kids get them at some point?! i guess people have to find something to freak out about. by the way, i want to come see you and the baby sometime. what is your schedule like?

J'net said...

Didn't get the news over here about the chicken pox?!
We have PLENTY of noisy roosters tho!!!
Luv, MOM
WE WANT BABY PICTURES!!!
NOW, that's worthy of a NEWS flash!!

We USED to EXPOSE our kids to "cp" SO they WOULD get 'em... What world do we live on now?

R.M. said...

I had chicken pox and so did all of my siblings. I still have a tiny scar on my nose. They do have a chicken pox vaccine but I never gave it to my kids becuase some of the chicken pox vaccines still contain thermosil (mercury)...it's toxic and can really cause damage. Parents should always ask the doctor to see the vaccine insert to insure it does not contain thermosil and NEVER ever get this vaccine in combination with any others! I can't understand why that made headlines. Everyone had chicken pox when we were kids...

Ezra said...

Had 'em once, never again. That's how it's supposed to be isn't it?

Mom said...

I got Chicken Pox in my twenties (don't know how?) They made me good and sick, and scarred for a while. Knowing that the kids were now exposed, I prepared for their turn with polka dotted pencils, a cake spotted with chocolate chips, chicken soup with little "o"s in it -- anything I could find that had "spots".Then when they got sick, I spent the time with them having a "Chicken Pox Party". Nowadays there are cute library books and polka dot pajamas -- it could be even funner, but, no. We have a vaccine, because chicken pox is a week-to-two week interruption in parents' work schedules. That is, if all the kids get them at once, and sometimes they don't. They can drag it out over a whole summer for you. One other thing about chicken pox, is that once you have had them, supposedly you won't get them again, but the virus can re-activate when you are old, causing what they call "shingles"-- very painful, itchy patches that from what I hear are really bad.
Babies, if they get chicken pox in the first year, may not make the immunities, and may get them a second time later.

That's all I know!

Liz

Jake, Camille, Kennedy & Jacob said...

I had them when I was little with my mommy and now I have a big ugly scar on my forehead. Would have been nice to never have gotten them but I still enjoyed the chicken pox parties while they lasted.

jet said...

I always thought that chicken pox was a right of passage into childhood... as was the dreaded pink eye...