Tuesday, March 11, 2008

March Blahs!

I feel that March is a blah month. Even though family and friends have anniversaries and birthdays in this month, for me, it feels like a hump month.

Here are some reasons why March is tough to get through:
  1. Atlanta's weather is crazy! Some days are 68 and sunny, while others can be 33 degrees and snowing. I kid you not people. Today the high is 66 and three days ago it snowed. Right when you think the winter coats can be put away, we get a crazy drop in weather. I just don't get it!
  2. March is a LLLLOOONNNGGG month. With 31 days it really seems to just drag.
  3. Though we do have St. Patrick's Day, and green is my favorite color, March doesn't really have that much to offer. I guess Easter is this month, but that just seems odd! March does pale in comparison to the other months. January has New Years & MLK. February has Valentine's Day not to mention many 3 day weekends and it is short. April has our anniversary and General Conference which means (YES!) a Sunday off! May has my birthday and dance recitals. June is Brooks' birthday and baby girls due date. July has the 4th. August, ok doesn't have much but it is summer and that is always fun. September brings the beginning of football season. October, Halloween. November, Thanksgiving. And December has Christmas.
  4. Football season is over and baseball season hasn't started yet.


Do I stand alone here? Is March a long month for anyone else?

7 comments:

Lisa said...

Jax, you are so funny! Reading your post I was agreeing with every word of it! I have always said that March is my least favorite month - it seems to last forever!!!

brenna said...

You make a good point. When I was working full time, I especially didn't like March because there weren't any three day weekends or holidays. I think that definitely makes it a "hump" month.

Ezra said...

March Madness!!!! The best time of year for college sports.

abbyB said...

I agree with Ez. March Madness is definitely huge in our home. What with Ryan being the sports fanatic that he is. I love sports, too. Not as much as Ryan. But if Brooks likes basketball, you can get involed with him and do a couple of brackets of your own. It's pretty fun and maybe it will help the month go by faster for you. - Abby

R.M. said...

I hate March Jax. It's freezing cold here and since Gary is heavy into tax season at this point, I am always a single mom in March! I talked about this same thing on the ya-ya blog!

Jessica said...

DO you like green because it looks good on you? Because it looks good on me and you know how everyone says we look alike...just wondering.

jessica said...

I agree!