Monday, April 02, 2007

Two Year Anniversary!

We had such a fun 2 year anniversary! Brooks and I rented a car and explored Arizona. It is so beautiful! If you have a map in front of you... Follow along!
Brooks and I at the very beginning driving in the car. We headed north on I-17 from Phoenix. Yes, we are driving and taking a picture at the same time.We took a left on Hwy 69. While in Prescott, we stopped by In-N-Out. I love In-N-Out. I was so excited to eat there. This is me in hamburger heaven!
We then headed north on Hwy 89. The state of Arizona has it all. We stopped at a lake.
Then five minutes later we stopped at some rocks. We were going to wrong way here, but it still was beautiful. We finally got back on track and headed east on Hwy 89.
Then five minutes after that we were in a forest.
There were many unbeaten paths that our little Ford Focus took like a champ. We went off roding to get this view of the mountains. Don't tell Hertz Rentals.
When we got to the top, we took a picture of the valley. This place is just gorgeous!
While on Hwy 89, we went right through the little mining town, Jerome. This little place had so much character. It is almost like the "New Wild West". Many bikers would stop to drink, eat and listen to music at the old saloons. The homes overlooked Sedona Valley.
The little houses were old with so much charm. It almost seemed like we were in a little European town.

While driving to Sedona, we took a detour down "Red Rock State Park". These mountains are just so beautiful. I know I have said that many times, but I just couldn't believe it! Here is our prom pose.

Our view from our rear view! Say it with me people... Bea-u-ti-ful!!!
We finally made it to Sedona. The homes there are so neat. They all have the same coloring and it just looks so nice. We just had so much fun. If anybody gets a chance to go up to Sedona, here are a couple of recommendations. First, take the roads less traveled. Next, stop at every picture, or non-picture, point to just soak up the scenery. Third, save some time to stop in Jerome, whether to get lunch or just hang out in a saloon with some Urban Cowboys. Lastly, try to time your Sedona arrival around sunset. I promise you won't be disappointed!
Here is another great picture... Just for good measure!

2 comments:

Leezy Lindsey said...

Happy Anniversary! I can't believe it's been 2 years since I first met you at that Chinese restaurant in Salt Lake City!

Kelly said...

How fun!! You guys are so cute together!!