Many years ago I took our only son on his first camping, fishing trip. He was just a boy... [that first night] we climbed into our large double sleeping bag, and after a bit of pushing and pulling I felt his little body snuggle and settle tightly against mine for warmth and security against the night. As I looked at my son beside me, suddenly I felt a surge of love pass through my body with such force that it pushed tears to my eyes. And at that precise moment, he put his little arms around me and said, “Dad?”
“Yes son.”
“Are you awake?”
“Yes, my son, I am awake.”
“Dad, I love you a million, trillion times!”
And immediately he was asleep. But I was awake far into the night, expressing my great thanks for such wonderful blessings clothed with a little boy's bodyWe love our dads!!!

1 comment:
I've been called many names in my life (most good, some bad) but my favorite still is Dad!
Post a Comment