Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Uncle Eddie?

Jake came to visit us for the Thanksgiving Holiday. He was planning on being here for 4 days. This turned into 14 days. Boy did we do a lot!!!!

Thursday: Picked him up at the airport around 4:30pm. Then we went and had some great food!
Friday: Brooks and I worked as Jake worked out and then we went to Jazz at the High. VERY
SHWANKY!!
Saturday: We just hung around and then went to Atlantic Station. We ate at FOX Sports Grill. There were two great games on. 1st the upset Georgia Tech vs. Miami game. Following that one was the USC vs. Fresno State. Then it was off to Harry Potter. The boys wanted to not go to Harry Potter and stay at FOX Grill, but the lovely ladies got their way.
Sunday: Church and then dinner at the Owen's. Crys that salmon was AWESOME!!!
Monday: I had to work, ALL DAY!! Jake worked and so did Brooks. Boring I know!
Tuesday: My car was busted this day. Puts a damper on the entertaining! We all crammed into Brooks' truck and went to meet the Owens for dinner and a movie. We ate at CPK and saw Walk the Line. If you haven't seen it yet... GO SEE IT!!! Thanks for dinner JAKE!
Wedensday:
We slept in. We finally got ready and went to Lenox to shop around. After Lenox we ate something quick at the food court and went to the Hawks game. The Hawks won!!! There 2nd win. We must be their good luck charms!! We got home from the game around 11pm. Then we packed up and headed out to Carrollton.
Thursday: We arrived to Carrollton around 1am. Yes everyone was still up and rowdy. I helped Lexi and Cathy with the stuffing. Sara made wonderful pie crust. I had to call it a night around 3am and I was the early bird... I love my family! The boys woke up early to play in the Turkey Bowl. Believe it or not, Jake wasn't the tallest guy there. There was a man that was 6'10". Made Jake look small. The boys said that it was great fun had by all. (Brooks was sore about 3 days after though) Jake went back to bed when they got back. He did not wake up until 2:30pm. The food was SOOO YUMMY!!!!! We just all hung around and enjoyed each others company and played some games!
Friday: Everyone slept in until about noon. Jake was more like 4pm. That's just how we do it during the holidays. I plopped on the couch and watch TV for about 5 hours, getting up to get leftovers every now and then. We all played Settlers of Catan for a while, until 3am and then Jake, Brooks and I headed back to Atlanta.
Saturday: We slept in again... it is becoming a habit, and then headed up to the outlets for some shopping. I got some glass cups that I really wanted and Jake made out pretty well himself. We then went to Camille's work and had an incredible dinner. Aspens in the Avenues... you need to go it is off Dallas Hwy!!! So good! Thanks for the desserts Camille!! If you are a chocolate lover... Sara, Lesley, me... you need to go and get there chocolate mousse. UNBELIEVEABLE!!!! We then came back home and watched the Georgie Tech/ Georgia game... Anyone else watch it??
Sunday: We just relaxed. Then we let Jake borrow our car and Brooks and I went with the Owens and got our Christmas Tree. It was so fun! Ezra and Brooks were really looking forward to cutting down their own tree. You know like the Lumberjax they want to be... Well Crystal and I didn't really like the trees that you could cut. So we ended up just picking out an already cut tree. SORRY BOYS!! Brooks and I decorated ours with red and white light and candy canes. It also has a red and white star on top!! It's begining to look a lot like Christmas!
Monday: Once again I had to work all day. I really don't know what Brooks and Jake did. But we did have Moe's for dinner. I just love Moe's. Jake experienced Moe's for the first time. He wasn't too impressed. Camille and I were so upset that he didn't have the love for Moe's the way we did. Then again... Nobody really has that much love for Moe's!
Tuesday: Jake took my car and travelled around Atlanta. My last class was cancelled so Brooks picked me up early and we all went to the Thrasher game. I don't know about Jake, but Brooks and I LOVE HOCKEY!!! It was sooo much fun!!! The Thrashers lost in overtime, but the game was GREAT!!!!
Wedensday: Jake and Camille went to the new Georgia Aquirium. Brooks and I are locals and Jake made it before us... Then we all went to Gumbeauxs. If you don't know what Gumbeauxs is... well ask us sometime and we will take you... it is a true treat!!! After that we had to say good-bye to our Uncle Eddie... Brooks, Camille and I dropped Jake off at the airport and said good-bye... It was a bittersweet!!!
We had a crazy whirlwind of a time... Didn't get much sleep... Always fun!!! And Always Worth IT!!!!

5 comments:

Sara said...

Wow, um, I see you started this post on the 29th, and you just posted it! So this is basically what you did: eat out, watch sports, and sleep in. Hm, if you took out the sports, I might've joined you more! :)

Blake said...

sounds like a blast. How bout a repeat starting on dec 19 when lindsey and I get into town?

Leezy Lindsey said...

why is it so fun reading about someone else's life? hmm....maybe that's why blogs are so popular! :)

Ezra said...

A long tall post for a long tall guy I guess. Good one.

Anonymous said...

wow, eddie must be a pretty cool fella...when he gets down 2 the PHX u'all betta make him return the fava...deal?