Saturday, July 18, 2015

Baylor Wait Snow

Being pregnant during the hot summer with 3 kids at home is tiresome! Baylor's official due date was July 30th, 2015. I had 2 weeks left and since all my kids come around their due date, I knew I had at least 10 days left. Well, I was wrong!

July 16th was just like any other summer day. I woke up around 7am feeling a little crampy. I started timing my contractions, but after 2 hours of nothing really consistent, I chalked it up to just being tired and hot.

The kids started waking up, so I just went about the morning as usual. Jordyn and Braxton were pretty set on setting up a lemonade stand. After getting dressed, we went over to Target to get a baby shower gift for a friend and supplies for the lemonade stand. When we got home around 12:30pm, our neighbor, Ashley, came down from up the street to help set up the stand. I laid Beckett down for his nap around 1:30pm and helped the kids make lemonade. We finally set the stand up around 3:30pm.

I went to the bathroom around 4:30pm and noticed my lost some of my mucus plug. I didn't think anything of it, because I know women can walk around without a mucus plug for a while. I did text Debbie to make sure I could still go to the pool. She called me back and said I'd be fine as long as my waters didn't break.

At 5pm, we packed up the lemonade stand and started bringing everything in. I started making dinner and called Brooks to ask him to be home soon because I was feeling tired. I mean I was 38 weeks pregnant and had been up since 7am. Of course I was going to be tired, right? I still wasn't thinking I'd be going into labor.

Brooks got home around 6pm and I told him I was going to lay down for a little bit. Our neighbor was still down here playing with the kids. I had a really strong contraction around 6:15pm. I didn't think anything of it, but then at 6:30pm I had another one and thought I should probably start timing them.

After 30 mins, I had 4 good contractions. I told Brooks I might be in labor. I hopped in the shower to see if that would slow things down. Well, it didn't. Brooks patched up the pool around 7pm and said "Ok, it takes 30 mins for the patch to set and dry." I called my midwife Debbie at 7:30pm and said I am having strong contractions every 5 mins. She said she was going to change her clothes and head on down. At this point, Brooks called his sister Summer to come grab the kids. I got out of the shower and laid on the bed. The contractions came full force!! Brooks was running around trying to get the kids together, filling up the pool, and helping me through contractions. Summer got to our house around 8pm. She could tell the baby was about to be here. I was screaming that I needed to push. Summer and Brooks packed the kids into Summer's car around 8:20, but Summer wasn't going to leave Brooks alone with me. At one point, Summer came over to me and held my hand during a huge contraction. Brooks had Debbie on the phone around 8:30pm she said, "I'm driving over the train tracks now. I'll be there in 5 mins." I couldn't help but push just a little bit. The only option I had was to scream the contractions out. It was either I scream out of my mouth, or I take that energy and pressure to push out the baby.

Debbie came RUNNING in at 8:37pm. She asked if I wanted to move to the pool. I told her I didn't have time and I just needed to push. She got me situated on the bed. I pushed once. The water broke. I pushed again. His head came out. I pushed a third time and out popped Baylor Wait Snow at 8:39pm on July 16th, 2015.

The kids were still in Summer's car, just listening to music. Summer went and grabbed them and brought them in to see their new baby brother. They were so excited! We were all shocked at how fast he got here. Barely 2 hours passed from the time I thought I was "tired" and needed to lay down, to the time I was holding my new 8lbs 15oz baby boy.

Brooks sent out a picture of him on our family hangout. Everyone thought we were keeping this huge secret. Little did they know that we didn't even have time to know was what going on before he actually got here. If Baylor's personality is anything like his birth story (and so far all my kid's personalities mimic their birth story), we are in for a fast paced, energetic little boy. We love him so much already!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That is a fast delivery! Congrats!! - Aubry