Friday, February 26, 2010

Snow Day

For journaling purposes, I thought I would document the snow day we had about 2 weeks back. (Yep, I'm doing great at being consistent, I know...)

Now I am not trying to be a scrooge here, but I am not a fan of snow days. Well, let me get more specific. I don't like snow days in February or March. I LOVE snow in December, but by the time February comes around, no thank you! And if we get even sleet in March, I'm upset. I'm over winter by the New Year...

Anyway, since I can't control the weather (bummer I know), we got a snow day. Jordyn was thrilled so I faked my excitement and went outside with her to play. (Oh the things we do for our children.)

Within 3 hours we got a few inches. Jordyn loved it. Even though the only "warm" clothes I have for her are jeans and tennis shoes (C'mon people, I live in the south! Snow pants and boots... what are those?), she seemed to be happy playing with the cold white stuff.

She had to carry her two "neckies" (necklaces) in her glove-less hands the whole time. Those fingers were ICE when we got back into the house.



At least her head and ears were warm.

I tried to teach her how to catch snowflakes in her mouth, but she kept getting them in her eyes and didn't know if she liked that or not.

Finally (FINALLY!), Brooks got home and relieved me of my obligatory "I'm a fun mom and will play in the snow with my kids" duties.

He taught her the correct way to catch snowflakes in your mouth (I guess you just stick out your tongue and they just land on it... huh, interesting.)

And even built a mini (mad-looking) snowman.

Hopefully we have met our snow day quota for the year!

9 comments:

Kim said...

You are the best mom ever! Love the mini snow man.

Sara said...

Oh, man -- that close-up picture of her face is priceless. Would it be weird for me to print it out and hang it on my fridge??? :)

Also, you better believe I'm playing in the snow with my kids! There's probably no better day to have kids!

J'net said...

Jax, WHERE were the SNOW toys? She can't just STAND there?!!? She needs to be in a plastic disk or at least the lid on a garbage can pulled by a jump rope so she can slide around and go "WHEE!" Didn't u have a summer swim tubie around to blow up and let her slide down some hill in ur HILLY yard? AT least u let her out in it n didn't make her stand at the window n just LOOK at it!
That pink is adorable on her!
AND Brx is MUCH better at making a snowman than ur DAD!! LUCKY Jordyn, she got a lil snowman!

Jake, Camille, Kennedy & Jacob said...

You are such a good mom! I would have just waited till Daddy got home! She is so cute and so fun! I feel like she has changed so much since we last saw you guys. We need to have a play date soon! :)

Pa Pa Jim said...

We all love snow until we're wet, cold, & hungry. And Jnet I've made more snowmen then you've ever seen. Some of them came to life!!!

katie said...

You probably don't love the snow since you didn't grow up with it. I miss it dearly here in CA, but I'm also glad I don't have to worry about bundling my kids up all the time to go outside.

Seems like Jordyn had fun even if you didn't!

Melissa said...

That is an amazing amount of snow...

Ashley.Preston.Tate said...

Dad's are great for that stuff! I've even called Kevin to come home because Preston hated my lego building. Dad's are way better at that stuff.

Pa Pa Jim said...

ALSO,
When I made Snow MEN they were 6 feet tall, not 3 snow balls. I made one that was 7 feet tall. I made it out of snow stuffed into buckets & piled on top of each other. When I was done neighbors thought it looked like a ......... body part.