Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Jordyn Update

Gammy: "Will you please post some pictures of Jordyn on your blog? I feel like she is doing such cute stuff and I am missing out on all of it."

Well here is a typical "Jordyn Day"

After Jordyn wakes up at 6am and I pull her into bed with me, she usually sleeps for another 2 hours. Our king bed is worth every penny now that I can fall back to sleep with her! Around 8am I hear, "Marney, Marney" (Barney), at which point I roll over, grab the remote off of the night stand and turn on Mother Goose Barney. I roll back over and get to sleep for about another 20 minutes. Usually by the time the "3 Little Kittens" song comes on, Jordyn is ready for breakfast. I hear Jordyn say "'mon mama, 'mon" (Come on mama, come on). She then directs me into the kitchen and asks for breakfast (numm numms).



Her favorite breakfast is anything with blueberries. She really loves her "loo-airy nanna smoooody".

After she eats breakfast, we hop in the shower. Lucky for me, she will play in the shower for about 30 minutes so I can get a little ready. Once the water is cold she says "Mama, bye bye, wa-er". At that point I get her out and get a diaper on her. She HATES getting dressed. Even when it is 60 degrees in the house, whenever I say "Ok, time to get dressed", she bolts the other direction and hides in the corner.



She does, however, love to accessorize. Once she finds the right accessories,

and we say (usually scream) "bye" to daddy,

I can manage to get some clothes on her. Lately, the only way I can get her to wear clothes is if I let her wear her tutu with them. I need to make different colored tutus because pink and brown only match with so much.

One of our biggest morning activities has been coloring. Yes, she is coloring with a RED marker here. And yes, she got it all over herself and her white onesie.


When I find her like this, I take the cue it is time for a nap.

Afternoon is errand time. Jordyn loves it! Whenever we pull into the parking lot somewhere she cheers. I don't know why she does this, but it is so funny.



Pretty much every night this winter, we have been drinking "hot chalky" (hot chocolate). When Jordyn sees the kettle on the stove she starts screaming "Hot chalky, hot chalky!"

Then it's bath time and off to bed.

Thanks for spending the day with us.

7 comments:

Melissa said...

If you ever find out how to get little ones to wear clothes let me know. I failed 4 times and the fifth will probably be just as bad!

Kim said...

Sounds like a lovely day...minus Barney.

Sara said...

Oh, man -- that first picture is awesome. Upon reflection, though, she looks a little like The Joker. Hmmm.

J'net said...

YEAH, we got a "catch up" on Jordyn! SO love to hear her on Skype!! LUV U guys!

Amber said...

I thiknk " I will only wear that with a tutu" is my new mantra!

katie said...

I love the fact that she cheers whenever you run errands. Hopefully she doesn't outgrow that because my older boys HATE running errands unless it involves buying them a treat or new toy!

Pa Pa Jim said...

She is really getting big. She knows what she wants. Have another baby so she can HELP you with the new baby.