Friday, January 29, 2010

Well Hello 2010!

So I promise we are still alive. I know you were worried and all! Hello? Anyone?

I have a lot to document, so enjoy the ride!

I really think two thousand and ten... or twenty-ten... or whatever, is going to be awesome!! I mean, we brought in 2010 the right way, up in NYC watching the ball drop (on the tv of our rented apartment in Manhattan). Yep, we were up in NYC for New Years and did what everyone else in the country did... watched the ball drop on our television!

But before I get into 2010, let me close 2009. Christmas came and went super fast in 2009. We had a small little Christmas with few gifts but still fun nonetheless! Jordyn loved all of her presents but hated actually working to open them. She would pass me the wrapped present and just say, "More please". Then once I opened it, she would shout "Yea". She would cheer for ME as I opened HER presents. I know it was completely backwards but still fun. We still loaded up on good food and we had to prepare for our trip to NYC for Lexia's (Brooks' sister) wedding.

Jordyn and her cousins got to be flower girls for Lexia's wedding. Now don't ask me what flower girls really do for a Mormon Temple wedding, but they all got such cute dresses so they were happy.



The wedding was thrown the typical Snow fashion. Staying up til wee hours in the morning preparing whoopie pies and sugar cookies, running around crazy trying to find the perfect outfit (that is more of a typical Sherrill) and pulling everything off with a bang! A HUGE BANG!!! I am begging my picture-hoarding-sister-in-law to send more pictures my way, but for right now, we will just have to enjoy the total of 5 that I took the whole time up in NYC.


We came home exhausted and ready for warmer weather. The warmest day we had up there was 39 degrees. But...
We came home to colder weather!! I live in the south so I don't have to deal with snow. I know everyone loves it, but really, I am not a huge fan of it. If I want to play in it or have my kids "exposed" to it, I will drive to it. We will play, drink hot chocolate, then drive back to our snow-less home. I know, bah humbug, but really, it just takes a lot of work to get around in that stuff! So anyway, I wasn't too fond to see it greeting us when we returned.

Once the NYC high died down and the snow melted, life has been business as usual. I just finished teaching dance for a lady who was on maternity leave, and I am happy to be back with Jordyn everyday. I loved teaching dance again, but really hated the hour and a half I spent MWF's in the car. BOO!

There were a couple of after Christmas purchases that Brooks and I made. After watching movies on a 19" box tv, we decided to join the 21st century and purchased a 42" flat screen. I know people, this might not be "blogworthy" for you, but when you can finally see the subtitles without having to pause the movie, walk up to the screen and read them 5 inches from your face, it is blogworthy!!

Also, Brooks and I buckled down and got a king size bed. Now this was an impulsive buy, but I am loving every minute of it!!! Our room is all bed, but now when Jordyn wakes up at 7am, I just pull her into bed with us and she will lay there for another hour or so. Totally worth it!!

Brooks and I spent more on those two purchases then everything, and I mean EVERYTHING, we have purchased in our marriage total. Not saying that those two purchases were super expensive, but I am just saying when I am a craigslist junkie and Brooks couldn't care less about new things, you just don't spend a lot of money on stuff... But now, I feel like complete consumers... GULP!

I am really looking forward to 2010! I am not big on resolutions but there are a few things that I want to do this year. I wish they were more productive things like read the scriptures often, or lose a certain amount of weight (though I feel like losing weight is just a huge roller coaster for me right now. A parent of one of my dancers said it best: "Oh Ms. Jacki looks like you are going to get pregnant soon, you are skinny again" Is it even worth working my tail off for 2 months just so I can be big again 5 months after that? Nope. So losing weight is not a priority this year) but there are a couple of things I want to do differently then 2009.

For instance:

1. I am going to become a cheese connoisseur. I love cheese. I mean LOVE it!! I used to stay away from it because it would make me congested, but I am just going to embrace it this year. I want to know what cheese is best with what fruit. I want to eat a piece of cheese and tell you where it came from... ok I could not really, but I want to know cheese.

2. Every month I am going to buy a different type of flower. I got this idea from my sister-in-law Sara, but really, I want a different flower in my house each month.

3. I want to grow an herb garden. I spend so much money each month on basil and oregano and rosemary. I need to become my own grocery store.

4. Whip out my camera more. Even if I just take random pictures, I need to make sure I capture that randomness.

I feel good with these four things! Four is a nice number. Four is doable.

Ok, so I think the blog is up to date now. Sure there are barely any pictures and it is nothing but my blubbering, but I'm back baby and ready for two thousand ten... or twenty-ten... or whatever!

5 comments:

Kim said...

I love it when you blubber! Nice recap on the Snow family. Cheese? That is so funny because my sister and her hubby are becoming cheese makers. They bought a little house in Manti, Utah and want to buy sheep and make cheese out of sheep's milk. They too are cheese connoisseurs. Too bad you don't live in Huntington Beach, they are selling it there now.

Sara said...

Fresh flowers? Fun! They really do make life better. Also, for only the second time in my life, I got fresh flowers from someone else besides myself yesterday! It was nice because I am sick!

Also, I think four is a good number of goals, too. You want to be realistic with your goals . . .

Can't wait to try out that TV!

Amber said...

great plans for the new year, how fun you went to NYC and JORDYN IS ADORABLE!! I was missing your posts! Oh and HOW COOL you were teaching dance!! I am trying to get up the courage to join a dance class, I miss it so much!

J'net said...

Good to have u back on blog!
YES, more pictues would be GREAT for a gammy who lives TOO are away from Jordyn!! Lookin' forward to March!!

katie said...

Cheese, interesting :) Also, love that the Snows make whoopie pies and sugar cookies for the reception. So funny! That's my kind of food - nothing too fancy!