Thursday, December 10, 2009

Dr Seuss Christmas Tree

While shopping at my favorite little boutique, Target (pronunciation: tar-sha), I came across this Dr. Seuss t-shirt. I had to get it because the Christmas tree on it kind of reminds me of our Christmas tree this year.


Last year, since we were on the Historic Home Tour, we had a beautiful, full, tall, luscious Christmas tree. It was the perfect green. The perfect plushness and the perfect height. Let's just say it was perfect. With that tree still in mind, we went out looking for our tree this year.

This year, we decided to run to Home Depot. The temperature must have dropped 20 degrees from the time we left our house to the time we got to Home Depot because the second I stepped out of the car, I realized that my long sleeve t-shirt and Jordyn's onesie outfit just weren't cutting it. We were freezing and not wanting to "find the perfect tree". So Brooks just grabbed the first one that he could, packed it up and threw it on top of the car.


What we got was a tree with brown spots throughout,

that is bare on the bottom,

and many of the ornaments have been slowing disappearing or migrating higher and higher due to our toddler.

You know, you can't win them all!

5 comments:

Amber said...

WOW!! I LOVE that shirt! Cute tree..I want to see the matle *peaks*

Pa Pa Jim said...

Jordyn looks very sweet? Merry Christmas!!

R @ Rebecca's Roundup said...

welcome to christmas with kids!

Britney said...

Haha, I would have done the same. We were too lazy to go out and get a tree this year. We have a 4 foot one that is tipping over because Syd likes putting all of her toys inside of it. Oh well! Gotta love those kids!

J'net said...

Isn't it GREAT when the Home Tour isn't the pressure!
This year seems WAY more relaxing but the boxes in the entry way don't look "festive"...?