Monday, October 19, 2009

Comparing Pumpkin Patches

My little sister Jenna went to the Zurich, Switzerland pumpkin patch about 3 weeks ago. Well, we just went to the North Georgia pumpkin patch last weekend and I thought it would be fun to compare notes.



In Switzerland the Theme was "Noah's Ark". Notice the animal pumpkin art.

In Georgia the Theme was "Lookee der Yonder at 'dem Big Ol' HeeHaw Lookin' Punkins". Yep, some of 'dem punkins were taller than Jordyn and weighed over 85lbs.



The Switzerland Pumpkin Patch was set upon a beautiful lake with mountains in the horizon.


The Georgia pumpkin patch was right next to the good ol 'hooch which was chugged full 'cause of the floodin'.



Looks like it was nice enough weather to wear short sleeve shirts at the Switzerland pumpkin patch.

In Georgia, it was colder than a cast iron commode. Ooo weee!



Sometimes people are a little silly at the Switzerland pumpkin patch.

At the Georgia pumpkin patch, people be actin' a fool.

The Switzerland pumpkin patch had lots of kid present.

Georgia's punkin patch, gots lots a chillun runnin a muck.

If you are leaving Switzerland's Pumpkin Patch you might hear "Uf Widerluege".

But at the North Georgia Pumpkin Patch we say, "All Ya'll come back now ya 'ear?"






11 comments:

Brittiny said...

Oh my these are some stinkin cute pictures. Looks like you had a blast. I love, love, love the family picture at the end.

Pa Pa Jim said...

That looks like fun kids. I bet they don't have the great broiled chicken we got at 'Apple Hill' Well, life continues!

Amber said...

OMG how cute!! Love all the pictures!!

R.M. said...

Jax - I love your blog. I get so excited when you put up a new post. Your posts are always so witty and cute! It looks like you guys are almost as cold as us up here in Jersey. We got a bit of snow a few days ago! xoxo

RY

Jake, Camille, Kennedy & Jacob said...

So cute!!!! We haven't made it to the pumpkin patch here. Loving your southern accent. Only took you 5 years in the south to get it! FYI: You better not bring any of those funny hat and coat looking things to AZ. It's only been 100 degrees for the past 3 days!!

R @ Rebecca's Roundup said...

JAX, you are so creative and funny, I love it. Europeans have to do everything like that, I swear. They make all us Ameericains look like a buncha Walmart fatties!
Cute pics.

J'net said...

Fall is definitely UR season! GREAT fam pic! Looks a little TOO cold 4 me, but the jacket layered on Jordyn is SO cute and lovin' her hat! I would be lookin' out the window, not walkin' thru that muck! Fun times for all u fall-ites!
Thinkin' AZ will be good 4 us next weekend! Do they grow pun-kn's in Sedona?

Unknown said...

FIRST of all I LOVE this post!! My pumpkin patch beat yours hands down!! No really it looks like you had so much fun =) That picture at the end is by far the cutest picture EVER!! The Swiss have cool pumpkin patches but they don't do Halloween..... Not cool right?

Britney said...

Love the pics! I can't believe you ended up going last weekend, it was FREEZING outside! Sad we missed it!

Lisa said...

Jax, I am laughing out loud as I type this! How clever! I love this post.

jet said...

Darling pictures!