Friday, August 14, 2009

You Know You're a Toddler's Mom When...

(Just a little insight to my last two weeks)
- You manage to shower, put an outfit and some makeup on and are out the door in 10 minutes flat.
(Thanks to the messy side bun, right girls?)

- After 4 days of brushing your hair with your tiny travel brush you finally find your real brush in the laundry room trash bin.


- You see your daughter playing with (unopened) tampons that she got out of your bathroom drawer, but you are totally ok with it because at least she is playing and giving you a chance to finish work.


- You finally understand the importance of those annoying cabinet locks.

- The best part of your week was getting pigtails in the finest hair on Earth.






- Your toilet paper rolls sit on top of your toilet rather than the roll holder because cleaning up unraveled TP isn't the best part of your week.


- You find fun things like highlighters and salt and pepper shakers in your bathroom drawers. Not to mention fingernail clippers and shaving cream in the toy box.


- You get this overwhelming feeling of accomplishment when you see her actually feeding herself with a fork. Woohoo!


(Not a fork, but you get the idea.)

- You spend more time cleaning dinner then you do making and eating dinner because of that self feeding toddler.





- Every action seems to have an accompanying song and you find yourself singing that accompanying song every time you are doing that specific action... even when the toddler isn't around.


- You find artwork everywhere.




- You realize that your toys are really just her toys.


(Did I miss anything?)

8 comments:

Jessica said...

I HAND my kids tampons. Totally sanitary, safe plaything...what?!

Amber said...

So cute Jacki!! I love how REAL you are in your motherhood posts. =)

J'net said...

LOVE the action shot of Jordyn in her OWN musical world! She is a little "village" happening... AND no lava lamp top anywhere to be found per her visit to Gammy's!!!? Love that little whirlwind!

VirtualM said...

You know all of the words to the "Thomas the Train" song and have to sing them repeatedly on demand. You can insert whatever her favorite song is here, but I can guarantee it will be annoying!

VirtualM said...

Oh, and I totally hear you on the tp thing - but we started that long before we had a kid because of a dog that likes to eat it if she can reach it.

Jake, Camille, Kennedy & Jacob said...

I'm so glad Jordyn is getting into toddler mode! I was starting to feel like Kennedy was the wildest, craziest monster ever compared to her! I can pretty much relate to every single thing you posted there. :)

Kim said...

Good thing she's cute!

Britney said...

Love this post! Super cute, and all so true!