Thursday, June 25, 2009

The Whole Country Before 5

By the time Jordyn turned 1, she had been to 13 states.

Georgia
Alabama
Mississippi
Tennessee
Arkansas
California
Hawaii
Arizona
Nevada
Utah
New York
New Jersey
and
Florida

What can I say, the little girl is a Jet Setter! Well, since I wanted to keep her average up and Memphis was losing it's interest after the umpteenth time visiting, I decided to pack her up in the car (during nap-time) and drive the 55 miles to Missouri.
(I promise it is the Missouri sign. Zoom, zoom, zoom!)
All I can say is thank you Arkansas for all your farmland! That is all there is to look at going up I-55 to Steele, MO. Boring! But at least I got one more state under Jordyn's belt.
(You can tell how enthused Jordyn was!)
Hopefully we will be visiting North and South Carolina within the next couple months. After that I am getting nervous because states are getting tougher and tougher to get too. Like how am I going to get to North and South Dakota before she is 50 months? And who do we know that lives in Indiana? Anyone? We are definitly going to have to head over to Oklahoma to visit some of Brooks' childhood friends by the end of this year. Maybe a road trip to New Mexico the next time we are in Phoenix? Oh, the STRESS!


9 comments:

Megan said...

Mike and I will be in Indiana for the fall! You can come visit us in Indianapolis. I like the downtown there. I'm impressed with her state count. That girl gets around. :)

J'net said...

I'm thinking THE STRESS is all self imposed!!
I keep suggesting meeting you somewhere and
it won't be hard to add the states... Aloha, YOUR traveling MOM

Brittiny said...

First, I would like to say that the California visit was not long enough and you need to come back out this way. Second, I am so impressed that Jordyn has made it to more states in one year then most Americans do in their entire lives. I am shocked every time you post a new picture on here. What happened to that little baby I saw in Utah back in February. She is so cute! Love you all and hope your having a blast being big state travelers. Remember lots of pictures and they have plenty of scrap booking stuff for all the states.

R.M. said...

Can't wait for NC in August! She is such a good little traveler!!! I think she has visited more states than I have...

Amber said...

Wow little traveler!

Ezra said...

Let me know when you head to North Dakota. I need to get back to my homeland.

jenny said...

swing on over to texas already! doesn't she need like an all day drive?!

VirtualM said...

She looks SO MUCH like Brooks!

cardlady said...

The last picture in the chair definitely has Brooks's stamp on it. Cutie!