Friday, June 05, 2009

Her New Room

I finally finished Jordyn's room. Well let's just say the big parts. It has been a work-in-progress for a year now and pretty much still is. Since we are renting, I wasn't going to spend one more second on something that we couldn't take with us when/if we move, so I decided to keep the walls their normal color. I was going to paint the trim black and the walls ivory. Maybe if we buy next... maybe.


This dresser used to be Brooks'. It was NOT cute at all so Jenna helped me paint it and we got some hardware from Anthropologie and it turned out pretty cute.

A little bit of black paint can certainly do wonders with old-hand-me-down furniture.

I did buckle and buy a new crib. I just figured I could use it for a while. Black can work for boys too right?

Oh, the wall of photos! Jenna and I thought this was a good idea. IKEA has these "sticker frames" for like $20, so I we got them. Well at IKEA they are up on drywall. When I brought them home and put them up on our plaster walls, they didn't stick! I was so bummed. Well, Brooks told us to just get some spray adhesive. I didn't want to spend another penny so I looked around the house to see what "adhesive" we had laying around. All I can say is thank goodness for Gorilla Glue! Sure I am going to be cursing trying to get these pictures off the wall when we move, but at least they won't move until then! Last I just need to borrow my mother-in-law's cricket so I can put Jordyn's name above the Wall of Photos!

14 comments:

Kelly said...

Jacki!! I love her room!! You are so creative!! I love black paint!! I love how you put all the pictures above her crib! So unique! I've been debating whether or not to paint Lily Kate's crib/furniture black or not. It would be a TON of work, but black just looks so much nicer!! Hands down, favorite baby room EVER!!

R.M. said...

I love it Jax!!!! Love the black crib!

Unknown said...

Jacki that looks awesome! And I love the frame idea...so cute!

J'net said...

The room turned out so cute! I didn't know you painted the" toy" crib too! You and Jenna did alot of work! Great job! MOM

Jake, Camille, Kennedy & Jacob said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! Soooo stinkin cute!!!

jessica said...

I love it! Very classy!

Britney said...

LOVE IT! I just started painting my furniture black this week too! Crazy! Great minds think alike! I love the carpet you have in there too...you have great taste!

Lisa said...

Jax, u are amazing. I love the room - great job!!!!

cardlady said...

Jax, Super fine baby room for your little princess. It was alot of work. You and Jenna are so fast.Nice job on sewing your pillows too! AWESOME. Hand me downs are always nice painted another color. Great job! Grandma Cathy

Ashley.Preston.Tate said...

Good job! Design on a dime would be proud. I'm either not creative enough for too lazy to paint furniture. I love the rug!!! BTW, what was she sleeping in for the last year if you didn't have a crib???

jenny said...

very cute jacki! it turned out darling. and i can't believe jordyn is one!!! she is turning into such a little girl, she looks so old in those pictures with that little hairdo. glad you guys had a nice b-day with her.

Jessica said...

So classy! (Which is a lame word, but I couldn't think of another that would fit). I love your wood floors...makes everything look even cooler!

John and Brieanne Dabney said...

That really is a COOL baby room! Awesome decorating skills!

jet said...

Love the photo wall and the rug! Maybe you'll have to come decorate my room. :)