I am sure we all have "our box" that our parents lug around for us until we get married, buy a house, or cut the ties in some way or another. Well, after about 4 years of marriage, (and an intense clean-out of his mom's house) I decided to bring Brooks' box home. Man, aren't I happy!!

Not only was the box equipped with a baseball, matchbox car, remote from 1993 (probably universal!), glasses (just the frames though, weird), a hair brush (that Brooks claims isn't his. Sick!), a wrist sweatband (sicker!), a wammy bar (rock on!) and someone else's name tag (dunno)...
but it also came with a bottle full of 757 pennies. YES!!!
So I took the $7.50 (moving fee) and Brooks keeps his treasure and we call if even.

Not only was the box equipped with a baseball, matchbox car, remote from 1993 (probably universal!), glasses (just the frames though, weird), a hair brush (that Brooks claims isn't his. Sick!), a wrist sweatband (sicker!), a wammy bar (rock on!) and someone else's name tag (dunno)...
but it also came with a bottle full of 757 pennies. YES!!!So I took the $7.50 (moving fee) and Brooks keeps his treasure and we call if even.

7 comments:
Don't we LOVE treasure hunting!!
You made out! I bet you have coin counters there on
the mainland... Jesse had a baggy full of coins and the girl handed us paper rolls to put the coins in, OK after $43 of rolled coins I felt like it was "Back to the Future!!" I didn't charge him a counting fee, it was all his tip $ from Subway. Change DOES add up!
Aloha, MOM
Funny...John's box was full of books and baseball cards
Absolut Vodka, huh? Hmmmm . . . Did you keep that, too?
That's funny and so true. My mom totally would love for me to take my treasures with me but my excuse is we need a house first! I've been putting it off as long as possible.
Love the Vodka bottle. Good save! :) You probably could have gone the rest of your life without ever seeing that box again. haha
that is the strangest/funniest group of items i've ever seen! random! points for keeping items to a minimum though. my box that my mom keeps is HUGE and i really don't even know what's in it. i just know i don't want her to throw anything out.
Oh.... the 'box.' Mine was actually a 'closet' and involved some really ugly prom dresses. They made for good dress up clothes though!
LOVE this assortment.
Post a Comment