
When I am around town with Jordyn and someone comes up to me and calls Jordyn a cute boy or says "Wow, he's a big guy", or something along those lines, I really don't get upset.
Yes, my daughter has spikey hair.
Yes, she resembles her dad... in his present state.
Yes, her name could be a boys too.
I can see how it can be confusing, so this really doesn't bother me.
But if someone says it when she happens to be wearing pink shoes, a pink bow in her hair AND a shirt that says "Grandma's Girl" in rinestones... I have to admit, it bothers me!
Yes, my daughter has spikey hair.
Yes, she resembles her dad... in his present state.
Yes, her name could be a boys too.
I can see how it can be confusing, so this really doesn't bother me.
But if someone says it when she happens to be wearing pink shoes, a pink bow in her hair AND a shirt that says "Grandma's Girl" in rinestones... I have to admit, it bothers me!

8 comments:
Get some long hair on that girl & she'll be the 'prettiest GIRL in town' She has a wonderful smile.
I was in Bel Air when a lady came up to Preston, clad in an all blue sailor outfit with camouflage pedi peds and commented on how cute my daughter was. So I kept calling him a her at the check out. I was like does she look like a he to you? And the bagger nodded afraid to admit it. So I was like then why did he just get called a SHE! I understand that babies are a little unisex, especially depending on the out fit... but c'mon.
I'll never forget being out at fairytale town. I was holding Brooklyn and she was dress head to toe in PINK. Then she had a BIG PINK headband on her head and she was wrapped in a, you guessed it PINK blanket. This lady walks up to me and say "oh my, that is such an adorable little BOY". I wanted to grab her by her shoulders and shake while I said "really boy, are your eye's even open?" But I just politely said "thank you", then right after we left fairytale town we drove right over to the mall and I pierced her ears. NO ONE ever made that mistake again... :)
She IS all girl!! Such a cute little GIRL outfit and a cute girl smile!
IT's OK, what other people say, 'cuz they are usually older people and they don't say what they mean, they just say what ever comes out...
BUT we all know she is a she and is TOO cute!
Are those the shoes and shirt Brit gave you in St. Geo?
Love the hand-me-downs!!! Line 'em up and spend years in them!
Aloha to a darling little girl!! Gammy Net
I can completely relate, Jacki! Madison is always being called a "cute little boy" when she is wearing her pink jacket and bow in her hair!
I can completely relate, Jacki! Madison is always being called a "cute little boy" when she is wearing her pink jacket and bow in her hair!
sometimes i really think people are blind. first of all, she looks totally like a baby girl. i don't know how you could mistake that. desmond got called a girl many times when he was little, most of those times he was wearing something that screamed boy. i was totally confused.
That is why on the plane I always call the kids "Baby" and talk in third person. Example: We would like baby to breathe today, so there is an extra oxygen mask on this side of the airplane.
This last trip I made the mistake of calling a baby, a boy when it was a girl, but she was all dressed up in blues and greens and boyish clothes with no hair at all. I thought I was safe, but the parents just got really confused about the question I asked.
Post a Comment