Wednesday, October 15, 2008

In Too Deep

Have you ever felt like you were in too deep with something? Let me tell you a little story. Our dining area was this burgundy-wine color. The color wasn't bad, but there was this chicken wallpaper that I just couldn't stand. It ruined the whole area for me.
When I say wallpaper, I mean little wallpaper squares. Notice in the picture above. I am talking just five little pieces.

(Notice the color behind Jordyn. Not a bad color right?)

Well instead of just getting rid of the little wallpaper (the smart, better idea), I decided to repaint the whole dining area. Now I am stuck with this. I don't even like the color I chose and I have a HUGE project on my hands. I am now in too deep!

And the part that really bothers me is this place is just a rental! AAAAHHHRRRGGG!!!

7 comments:

Jake, Camille, Kennedy & Jacob said...

I almost decided to refinish kennedy's dresser so it matched her crib EXACTLY, but I knew once I started I would feel this exact same way. As Tim Gunn would say "Make it work!" Jordyn looks sooooooo cute!!! I cant believe how big she is getting!

R.M. said...

Jax, I had that same color in my dining room in Georgia. I had to use 2 coats of primer and then I used a nice Ralph Lauren paint. The new color you chose is not bad. I think once you finish you might like it. Good luck! By the way I can give you tips on how to remove wallpaper next time. We took tons down at my old house!

Pa Pa Jim said...

Jax, you have to envision the end before you start a project. The burgundy color looks fine. And you should never put a lot of money into a rental.

Jordyn's cute though!!!
She looks more & more like her mommy.

J'net said...

SO, when is the HOME PARADE? AND WHEN are you calling in the committee? Looks like a perfect project for a fall WEEKEND when Brx's family can come over and ALL help out! Didn't you say they are painting
PRO'S? Call 'em and knock it out this Sat!
Love to see your energy w/ a 4 month old baby!!
She's growin' up so cute!
Aloha

RayBeck said...

ok, i'm tired thinking of all your doing LOL. jax, she's getting so big, and I haven't held her yet, you need to keep showing her my blog, telling her aunt Becky,LOL
hugs,Becky

Brittiny said...

Tell me about it, I think that projects are things moms do cause they feel to stuck in their schedule. I have about forty "protects" in the making including catching up in scrap booking,finally getting the letter for their names done, getting my photo albums in order and on and on and on. Jordyn looks so content in her little chair. Good luck with your room,it will happen sooner or later...

jenny said...

oh jacki!!! been there done that and it SUCKS! i painted a wall in our rental in minnesota a deep orange color and it took about 500 coats of paint to get it to look right. so i can only imagine going in the opposite direction. those deep colors are so hard to paint or cover up! it will really brighten up the room though when you are done, but man, painting is hard work!

*jordyn is darling. i do believe she is even getting a little chub. love it.