Sunday, June 22, 2008

Just a Typical Newborn Church Day

9am: Contemplate... "Well I should get up right now because it might take me a little longer to get ready for church, but Jordyn is sleeping so I am going to sleep for another hour."

10am: Hop in shower.

10:30am: Finish getting ready right as Jordyn starts to stir.

10:45am: Get Jordyn ready and then she starts to get really hungry.

11:15am: Finish feeding Jordyn and realize that I really should have gotten up at 9am because making 11am church on time is just out of the question.

11:20am: Finally get into the car.



11:30am: Arrive to church only to smell that Jordyn desperately needs a diaper change. Think to myself that I will just change her in the car on my lap to save time.
11:31am: Jordyn decides to pee on me. GREAT!!!

11:40am: Finish washing my skirt off in the bathroom and find a pew in the chapel. Jordyn starts fussing because she is hungry again. Try to nurse in the back of the chapel but realize that my little girl really likes to flare her arms and pull my cover down. Not wanting to be "that new girl who flashed the ward during sacrament on her first day" I find a quite room and sit on a hard chair to nurse Jordyn. (Note to self: Buy a nursing cover ASAP!)

Noon: Jordyn finishes nursing, falls asleep so I carry her back for the last 15 minutes of sacrament meeting.

12:15pm: Jordyn ate too much and decides to spew her leftovers all over my top.

12:17pm: I wipe as much as I can with a wipee and put her in the sling and hide that part of my shirt with the sling.

12:25pm: Jordyn decides to have a blow out. Thankfully nothing got on her cute little dress. I guess that was our blessing for going to church!

12 comments:

Pa Pa Jim said...

Well I'm sure next Sunday won't top this past one! That's why the Lord has 2 parents to take care of their 1st child. My oh my, the joys of parenthood!!! ENJOY it while you can!!!!!

J'net said...

OK, couldn't help but LAUGH all the way THRU that one!!!
Been there, done that! I was Primary Pres. WITH you on YOUR first Sunday!!! That what when one of those church tables almost squashed you!!!
SO, did you get to take the sacrament?
Did you feel the spirit?
Did you sing any songs?
Did you meet new friends?
Did you get a new calling?
That's why you get to try it ALL OVER again NEXT WEEK! AT LEAST you took pictures all the way thru, so you could BLOG!!
Cute dress, and a BOW in her hair!!! That's MOSTLY what matters on the first Sunday to church with NEW baby, so you PASSED this test with FIRST prize!
Just keep going, but remember Sunday is the day of REST... So, schedule in NAP time every Sunday!
Aloha!

John and Brieanne Dabney said...

Ha Ha! That was perfect! I can totally relate - especially to the sleeping in longer even though you KNOW you're going to need the extra time. I love her dress btw.

charles said...

mmmmm'girl, you did get some blessings for going to church!

Jake, Camille, Kennedy & Jacob said...

Yay! You made it to church. I always said, it's just enough that I'm there! I may not get anything out of it but at least i'm there. Believe me though, it doesn't stop. Just a couple of months ago Kennedy pooped(well more like diarrheaed) on me. It was actually Easter sunday! I love her bow! How did you get that to stay on her head?? :) Good Job! You didn't even need me!

jessica said...

I think we all have had those kind of Sundays. I can't wait to meet her, maybe I will try to come over next week, this week is kinda busy. I'll call first.

Mom said...

Way to go Jacki! Jordyn is adorable! So glad all the plumbing works! It's a good sign!

Liz

Anonymous said...

JACKI, (as your older brother I find myself needing to ask you a question) WHAT ON EARTH WERE YOU WEARING??? It seems like you've already taken on motherhood in your choice of attire...? Kidding, somewhat...
(JAKE)

Jacki said...

Ouch brother! If it is any consolation, I am wearing really cute heals!

Ashley.Preston.Tate said...

It took me forever to get back into going to church regularly. Preston wasn't on the same schedule as God!!

R.M. said...

Welcome to my world! That is my Sunday EVERY WEEK!!!! EVERY SINGLE WEEK! That was funny Jax.

Anonymous said...

I have to agree with your mom, o laughed throught he whole thing. you both seem to be getting through this with such great spirits. I hope ypu are enjoying every moment of this cause it is purely a blast getting to partake in these great joys of life. She is a beautiful baby and thank you for taking all those great pictures.