Friday, May 09, 2008

A Long Update!

My best childhood girlfriend came into town last weekend. (All the pictures are on HER camera, so I will have to pester her for the next few months before I can post them on our blog.) Kristi and I have been best friends since 5th grade and somethings just don't change. Yeah, I am now married with a baby on the way and she has lived all over the country, but the way we roll is still the same. Kristi and I like to "plan" things so we have something to talk about, but we both know these talked about plans are going to be out the window when the time comes. Here is an example of our "planned day":

9am Wake up

Noon Grab lunch somewhere

1pm Go to the mall and shop.

5pm Come home from the mall and relax

6pm Freshen up and get ready for the Braves game.

7pm Head out to the Braves game.

11pm Get some dessert somewhere and come on home to relax.


How our day happened:

11am Wake up.
(It is so nice that she is on California time because that means she will sleep in with me!)

Noon Talk about old crazy times while still laying in bed.

1pm Slowly roll out of bed and start getting ready.

2pm Drive around for about 20 minutes asking "what do you want to eat?" only to get the response "I don't care. What do you want to eat?"

3pm Finally settle on a local salad joint.

4pm Finish eating but at the restaurant we see a preview for "Made of Honor" and decide to drive to the 4pm showing which is at the theater only 5 minutes away.

6pm Come out of the movie and start getting ready for the Braves game.

7pm Hop in the car for the Braves game but instead of staying straight on Courtland, we decide to take a right on MLK because we just remembered that the Hawks were playing game 6 at home and that game just sounded so much more fun.

7:10pm Buy nosebleed seats from a pretty shady character and just pray that they will get us into the game. They did! Success!!

7:30pm Finally make it to our seats with hot dogs and nachos in hand.

11pm HAWKS WIN!!! The game was awesome!!



12am Get home only to watch the highlights on ESPN, eat a fruit pop and finally crash!



It is never a dull moment with Kristi. We always flew by the seat of our pants! Saturday we had a baby shower planned (the shower she flew in for) but since it down poured, our plans changed again. She ended up surprising me with 2nd row Cheryl Crow tickets. The concert was great! It was so fun having her in town! I miss her already!



Monday (May 5th), I had a great birthday. Brooks and I went out to dinner and then saw "Baby Mama". It was pretty funny. We had free passes so it is always fun seeing movies for free.


Ok DDDAAAADD! Is that a good enough update?

Here are some pregnant pictures just for good measure!
Big!
(32 Weeks)

Bigger!!
(34 Weeks)BIGGEST!!!
(36 Weeks)

You know I am ready to pop when I show off my sexy belly... skin and all! No modesty here folks!!! I have excepted my body as the baby making machine it is!!!

6 comments:

Jake, Camille, Kennedy & Jacob said...

Your Dad was just expressing the feelings that we ALL have! haha I was wanting to see prego pics so I'm really glad you put some up! I love them! You look so cute! I think prego tummys are adorable but I don't wish I was you right now! haha I just think about all the pain and itching and how hard it was to get comfortable all the time! I can't believe how soon she will be here! Hurry up! We can't wait much longer! Love ya!

Pa Pa Jim said...

Kristi HAS been a good friend to you Jax. We all would be lucky to have a friend like her. It's wonderful that my 'little' girl' is 'with child' What has your husband been doing to you??? We are happily waiting for another grand daughter. Stay healthy & know we ALL love you.

Lexia said...

I don't even know what to say about that last photo?!? Did you apply some sort of special effect to it or does your tummy really stretch, gulp, that much when you're pregnant?

J'net said...

Jax, I just did a LONG comment and just LOST it!!
Hate when that happens!
You and Kristi always COULD turn a day upside down and still pack it full!
Glad she came ALL the way out to the SOUTH for a few days to hang!
You are doing GREAT with your baby project!
Not much weight. Just a HUGE belly!
NOW it seems real...
You're not too dropped yet at 36 weeks...

Trevor and Roxanne Foster said...

Jackie, you look adorable! I seriously LOVE your pregnant belly!

R.M. said...

Jax,
Never mind the belly...your hair is so long! I have not seen your hair that long in years! I love it! Now about the belly...you look AMAZING!!! You are so cute pregnant! I hate that I missed the whole thing living here in NJ....

Love ya!