Thursday, May 15, 2008

I'm Not Like Those Other Aunts... I'm a Cool Aunt!

My Aunt Colleen was always the "Cool Aunt". She used to live with us while I was young and we would have so much fun with her! She was young and single. Some of my fondest memories were of her taking us to 7-11 for Slurpees and candy in her Mustang Convertible as we listened and sang to Amy Grant. She had really long acrylic nails and would always be coloring her hair. We had so much fun together!

Well the other day my two nieces, Lily and Macy, came into the office. I was finishing up so I decided to take them on a "Cool Aunt" outing. You have to realize that I have a lot of "Cool Aunt" competition with these two little girls, so I have to take advantage of any opportunity I can. I decided to take them to get pedicures. We had such a fun time!

First they got to pick out their polish. I love how Macy's is BRIGHT pink and Lily's is light pink with sparkles.
They got to sit on a "kid" chair while the lady painted their toes.

They wanted to sit in the spa chair, but their little legs were too small and couldn't reach the water.

I love cute little painted toes!I even got them extra sugary bubble gum! How cool am I?

10 comments:

Pa Pa Jim said...

Yes, Aunt Colleen was always cool, sometimes even cold. My sister loved playing w/you & Jenna. Now do you have my VHS recorded onto a DVD yet?? Get with it girl & don't tell me your pregnant. You've been using that excuse for 9 months now.
Patiently waiting for grand daughter #2.

Annie Gedge said...

Dude I totally understand the strive to be the cool aunt. I will down right brib my nephew to call me the cool aunt. Fortunately my nieces automatically think it.

Will and Natalie Giddens said...

Wow, you ARE cool! I wish I had a cool aunt. Do you rent out your auntie services? :-)

Jake, Camille, Kennedy & Jacob said...

You are seriously cool Jacki! Kennedy is so lucky to have you as an aunt. Maybe your daughter will think I'm a cooler aunt than Jenna. Probably. haha

Sara said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sara said...

You stink, Jackie. What are you trying to do? Steal my title? I resent that. At least I have a pool in my apartment complex . . . Beat that!!!

J'net said...

It's a great thing to have a fun/cool aunt who plays with you! Keep up the good work~~ They will LOVE you for it!

Kelly said...

I want to be an aunt!!! All my neices and nephews live in TX and CA! You're so fun Jax!

Anonymous said...

This is hilarious! We always did have such a great time w/ Aunt Colleen! I just showed Kennedy the pictures of her Aunt Jacki doing pedicures w/ someone else & she started crying:-(...
May want to make it up to her 1 of these days... (JAKE)

Lexia said...

In all the 27 years I've been alive, I've never had a pedicure. Maybe you should be my cool Aunt.