Saturday, April 05, 2008

What a Difference an Hour Makes!

My Mom and I talk a pretty good bit, especially since I have been pregnant. It is really nice to just call her up with whatever question I might have and just chat.

When I was first pregnant, I would call her around noon Atlanta time. This would be perfect for her because since she lives in Hawaii, the time was about 7am and she would just be getting up. It was a pretty good little system. Or she would call me around 1pm her time, making it 6pm my time and I would talk to her for a little while until I got home.

Well ever since daylight savings, there is a 6 hour difference and I tell you, that hour really makes a huge difference. Now if I call her at noon, it is 6am there and that is just a little too early. Plus, now when she calls me around 1pm her time, it is already 7pm my time and by that time I am usually making dinner or busy with Mutual or birthing classes or something else.

Sorry mom, but I'm just going to start calling you around noon again. That means you will have to be alert enough to hold a conversation with me at 6am. The good news is that 6am will be off-peak hours so you won't have to worry about another 1400 peak minute bill!! OUCH!!!

3 comments:

J'net said...

Well, minutes start counting at 6am!
SO call me at 5:40am and we can talk,
I am driving with Jesse to seminary anyways and
HAVE to be alert. Although he IS driving now, SO
I can keep one eye closed?!?!
Love talking to you! MOM

Jake, Camille, Kennedy & Jacob said...

I have been talking to your mom a lot lately! She is quite the good talker & listener!

Leezy Lindsey said...

Um, you might notice that my most recent blog post pretty much shares the same title as this post. I just wanted you to know that I had that post written in my head a few weeks ago but am just now getting to writing it. I don't want you to think that I am a blog post title stealer or anything! :)