So I am in the home stretch. Only 8 weeks left and I am starting to feel the pressure. It would be an understatement saying that the last few days I have been a little anxious.
I just feel my heartbeat faster every time I think...
Where is the baby going to sleep?
Will this apartment work for a few months or should I be looking for a house?
Man, how did my house get so dirty?
A little baby can't live in this dirty house.
There is just so much stuff in this little place!
But, wait... What if I need all this stuff?
Will Brooks' truck be able to hold a car seat?
Should we be looking for a 'family' car?
Should we get at pink car seat or a neutral car seat?
Crap, we don't have a car seat yet.
And how exactly does the baby get here again?
THROUGH WHAT?????
I have noticed that when I get anxious, I just remind myself what I am thankful for and it brings me peace.
Here are a few examples:
I am thankful that I have a supportive husband. He is really taking a proactive roll (going to classes, learning about the labor process, helping me 'nest'). He wants to be a father and holds this role in the highest esteem. He is constantly trying to learn and better himself and our life. He has this way of making me feel safe and confident all at the same time.
I am thankful that Brooks and I have a family that loves babies and children. They strongly believe that life would be so boring without them and are excited about our new addition. They are great teachers, listeners, helpers and caregivers. They sacrifice their needs before their grandchildren/nieces/nephews. They will go out of their way to protect these new family members. I am just so thankful that my children will be born into a family with such wonderful grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins.
I am thankful for my knowledge of the gospel. It is so nice to know where I came from and where I am going. Though I would be devastated if something horrible happened to her, it is a comfort knowing where she would go and that I can see her again. What peace this brings into my life!
I just feel my heartbeat faster every time I think...
Where is the baby going to sleep?
Will this apartment work for a few months or should I be looking for a house?
Man, how did my house get so dirty?
A little baby can't live in this dirty house.
There is just so much stuff in this little place!
But, wait... What if I need all this stuff?
Will Brooks' truck be able to hold a car seat?
Should we be looking for a 'family' car?
Should we get at pink car seat or a neutral car seat?
Crap, we don't have a car seat yet.
And how exactly does the baby get here again?
THROUGH WHAT?????
I have noticed that when I get anxious, I just remind myself what I am thankful for and it brings me peace.
Here are a few examples:
I am thankful that I have a supportive husband. He is really taking a proactive roll (going to classes, learning about the labor process, helping me 'nest'). He wants to be a father and holds this role in the highest esteem. He is constantly trying to learn and better himself and our life. He has this way of making me feel safe and confident all at the same time.
I am thankful that Brooks and I have a family that loves babies and children. They strongly believe that life would be so boring without them and are excited about our new addition. They are great teachers, listeners, helpers and caregivers. They sacrifice their needs before their grandchildren/nieces/nephews. They will go out of their way to protect these new family members. I am just so thankful that my children will be born into a family with such wonderful grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins.
I am thankful for my knowledge of the gospel. It is so nice to know where I came from and where I am going. Though I would be devastated if something horrible happened to her, it is a comfort knowing where she would go and that I can see her again. What peace this brings into my life!

8 comments:
This is nice. You are right- you have a great hubby and a supportive family is such a blessing.
Do not worry about your place being big enough. When I had Sadie we were living in a place that is smaller than yours. She actually slept in our closet for the first few months of her life and I don't think it affected her at all!
That was a really nice post, Jacki; it made me tear up a little. :)
I'm so excited for you guys! You are going to be such a good mom. It's ok that you are nervous about everything but just understand that everything will work out! You saw how big our place was when we had Kennedy! It was fine for us for the first little while! Just know that we love you guys and can't wait for the little one to be here!!!
you guys are going to be such great parents. and don't worry, i think everyone worries like that but somehow it all comes together. your perspective is great.
Just wait till the baby comes then you'll KNOW what true love is. After you understand that love you have for your baby, then you'll have a brief understanding of how your Heavenly Father loves you!!! And how your earthly father love you too!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I love this post. I worried so much before Elizabeth was born, but I worried more about how my life "as I knew it" was going to be over forever and I'd never be able to do anything for myself again. I literally thought that if I had ever wanted to develop any other talents that time had passed because I'd never have time for myself. Now I realize that is definitely NOT true! Anyway...of course we all worry too much. Everything works out, and counting the blessings definitely helps you realize this.
Post a Comment