Friday, February 01, 2008

Dang You Genetics!

It is really fun thinking about what our little girl is going to look like. If only I could choose what to give her. I would give her Brooks' skin, eyebrows and fine body hair (may sound weird, but just trust me on this one.) I want her to have my nose, lips and feet. Yes, I would rather her have a size 10 than 12. No offense Snows... but you know what I'm saying!

I wonder if my parents thought the same thing when they were pregnant with me. I could just hear them now.

My mom: "I want her to have my cheekbones, ears and curves." (thanks mom for those!!!)

My dad: " I want her to have my height, smile and hair."

The problem is that my dad gets his hair from his mother.

Meet Grandma Paula, the cheery, white-haired woman in the center.


She passed that great genetic makeup to my dad. White since he was in his late 20s.


And now to me... Slowly but surely following closely in their genetic footprints. Thanks for that you two! Now what's the rule about coloring while pregnant?

8 comments:

Lisa said...

A GIRL!!!! CONGRATULATIONS JAX & BROOKS!!! She will be so beautiful!!!!

VirtualM said...

You're not in the first trimester anymore, so color it. Just tell the person doing the color about your bun so they know. My stylist used some sort of 'extra gentle' color that she ordered in for me when I was pregnant (like I could go nine months without a color fix!)

And no matter what, I'm sure your baby will be talented and beautiful!

brenna said...

My Dad was a young, white-haired fellow, too. One of my brothers and one of my sisters followed in his footsteps. Ryan found one thick, super-white hair on me once, but no more since.

Jake, Camille, Kennedy & Jacob said...

That's why you have Jenna! It's a good thing she is really good at coloring hair. haha you guys are going to have a cutest little girl! I can't wait. Congrats!

Ashley.Preston.Tate said...

Who'd you get to take a picture of the top of your head? I worked in a salon full of pregos...They stood above the color, inhaling it all day and every baby turned out fine... So color, color away, I say!

Jessica said...

Guess what? LOVED THAT. Especially as it showed that cute little yellow-dressed girl on the end.

And we ALL want your mom's curves.

Oh, totally getting gray here... it didn't start until post-baby 3, which was age 29.

Anonymous said...

All we wanted was a beautiful, healthy, happy, baby girl. We got everything we prayed for plus a whole lot more. Jax you're a wonderful woman & wife. Soon to be a fantastic mother.

PS. Also you got my sense of humor!!!!!

J'net said...

Since your mom was coloring her hair since 7th grade... 'cuz her dad said every family needed a blonde, I don't know when the white-ish started... Just choose a color and stay with that # for the rest of the preg. Drink lots of water after the coloring and you'll be fine. Luv, MOM