Do you wash your rice before you cook it?
and
Do you have a good Roast recipe?
Thanks!
Sunday, December 16, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The costumes, the scenery, the makeup, the props The headaches, the heartaches, the backaches, the flops The trips we go on are all so thrilling Smiling as we watch our little fam filling We may be stranded out in the cold Still we wouldn't trade it for a sack o' gold And sometimes we feel like it couldn't get stranger It's always us two just Jax and the Ranger There's no business like SNOW business Like no business I know... Let's Get On With the Show!!!
6 comments:
Depends on how you like your roast. The easiest way is to throw it in the crock pot with a can of cream of mushroom soup, a packet of onion soup mix, some baby carrots, and a few cut-up potatoes. Let it cook for like 6-8 hours and it comes out nice and tender. Mmm mmm!
And no, I never wash my rice. I probably should, but I choose to ignore that step on the instructions.
no
yes:http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Awesome-Slow-Cooker-Pot-Roast/Detail.aspx
I am your source for all recipes. Seriously.
Yes-- POT ROAST, in the meat section of Costco.
Already to warm up in the microwave in 3 minutes with gravy included in it's own black dish. Pull apart tender and mixes with mashed potatoes really yummy after church's 3 hr. block!!!
About $9 to feed 6 people dinner and saves 8 hrs. of electricity over here in Hawaii! TOO expensive to run a crock pot here!!!
It actually tastes AS good as home cooked...
I DO wash the rice before I cook it, 'cuz things like to crawl in it at the store or the factory and I would like one more chance to NOT cook protein with my starch... It's good to rinse brown rice always to get any extra hulls out of the mix, saves teeth during dinner.
Glad to read that you are interested in COOKING!
Luv, Hawaii MOM
I always wash my rice... maybe I do it out of habit - but it looks dirty to me so I wash it.
we roast vegetables...with olive oil, rock salt, rosemary and a splash of maple (real, please) syrup. it's deeeeelish.
i think i've washed my rice a handful of times---only when an asian recipe calls for it!
Instead of the cream of mushroom, use golden mushroom soup and onion mix or....Honey, garlic and Worcestershire sauce. It's good on chicken too.
Do you wash your rice? If you boil it. Why wash it?
Post a Comment