Sunday, December 18, 2005
Newlywed Traditions
Traditions are funny aren't they? They are practices that we do over and over again whether we like them or not. Some I must say that I like, while others are very silly. But even if they are silly all someone has to say is "But its TRADITION..." and then you feel obligated to continue participating. Anyway, there were some traditions that my family did during the holidays. The ones that I love were: Going to Apple Hill for some chicken and caramel apples, driving through Folsom Lake Estates to look at the luminaries, our yearly trip to Disneyland. Well this year because I am not with my family, Brooks and I get to start some of our own traditions. One that we talked about was each year we will go and pick out a Christmas tree ornament. My family did this for a little while, but maybe it was one of the silly traditions because it seemed to only last a few years. But I loved it!!! This year we went with Ezra and Crystal to "cut down" a Christmas tree. Maybe that will continue to be a tradition? I feel that traditions bring family unity... if not that... they make for some real fun stories!!! What are some of your traditions?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Jacki, I think this is the best post you've written so far. It's very personal and well-written -- which makes for the best kind of post, I think.
Our family traditions? Looking at lights on Christmas Eve and unwrapping one Christmas present when we got home. Now that we're older and don't have as many Christmas presents, though, we are starting to NOT open one present on Christmas Eve, which is kind of sad.
Great post! Heck yes - the tree cutting is a tradition as far as the Owens are concerned. Our family tradition is to open all presents on Christmas Eve - No, I promise - seriously, you can ask my mom. Ezra and I will carry on this tradition, right?!?
Merry Christmas to all!
Love,
Crystal
In my family we used to open up one gift on Christmas Eve. In my new family I am putting an end to all gift openings before Christmas. I wouldn't be surprised if Crystal has already ransacked the house and found the one gift I got her this year.
Merry Holidays (I'm being PC.)
Ransacked?!? Try opened all 7 gifts played them, wore them and listened to each and every one - THANK YOU SANTA!
Don't be PC, just be yourself.
~Crystal
This message is to Ezra. Sorry Snows.
Jax, We did the Christmas ornaments for 20 years not 'a little while' I've got them all to prove it.
Post a Comment